• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Gokusen to Air Graduation Special in March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
As a self-proclaimed Jdrama fanatic, it utterly shames me to admit that I've only seen like 8 episodes of Gokusen(S1) so far. And, they're already preparing to graduate??? As far as the ratings go, well, duuhhh.lol Cool
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote
It's great. Nakama Yukie brings it all the way home, the ensemble acting is good, and the writing is good.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Each season of the jdorama focuses on a different class. So the class from S3 is not the same as S1 or S2. I believe that each season had a graduation special but I'm not completely positive about that...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
NTV announced that the third live-action Gokusen series was the highest rated television drama series of 2008.
"Highest rated" it may be, but good it was not. I watch a lot of J-dramas and I could barely sit through one episode of this one. I liked the first Gokusen series quite a lot, and I felt the second series was fair, but this was just too much of the same, in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
Each season of the jdorama focuses on a different class. So the class from S3 is not the same as S1 or S2. I believe that each season had a graduation special but I'm not completely positive about that...

Yes, you are correct about the classes and specials.

There is only ONE student that appears in all 3 series. He was a student in S1, and already graduated and working by S2, and married with children by S3.

Also, only the vice-principal appears in all 3 for the teaching staff.

I thought S1 was great, S2 was even better still, but S3 fell a little bit short. I think they should have an S4 and have her go to an all girls school this time around.
Soul Tsukino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote
Cool. It will be a nice send off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1