• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 5th Madoka Magica Episode Streamed in English in 6 Countries

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Great. I've been waiting to watch more of this series dubbed.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Uhm.... JUST the 5th?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Wel...yeah. It's basically a preview for the second disc.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
If the timely arrival of the first LE Set is anything to go by, the stream will occur after this LE has gotten to my house, thanks to its pre-order status on Right Stuf. Confused If this'll be the case, I'm thinking I might pass on it... the last time I viewed it was only for the NicoNico experience of seeing scrolling comments, but it was less fulfilling than I thought it would be. (Weirdly, I found them much more enjoyable during the live-streaming of the even more comedy-free Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal.)

C'mon, Aniplex, why can't you do this earlier?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Does EST mean East Coast?
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
FireChick. Yes, EST means Eastern Standard Time.

I love this show, but it's not worth getting up for 4:30am to watch only 1 episode, dubbed. Nice to see the UK included though. If only Crunchyroll had got the streaming rights for here, then I could watch this show legally. Here's hoping a UK distributor picks it up.

Last edited by st_owly on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why it's streaming in English in Japan! 0.o

FireChick wrote:
Does EST mean East Coast?

Eastern Standard Time, so yeah.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Hey, some Otaku are probably interested in seeing the Englis dub of one of their favorite shows.

Sankaku will probably have translations of 2chan Otaku opinions on the dub soon after the event (presuming that opinions are actually psoted on 2chan) and I may check them out (which would be one of the few times I'd EVER go the hellhole that is Sankaku).
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Why is it streaming here in Australia!? The First volume of the show doesn't come out until the 18th here! Now I'll have to go to some shady website to watch episode 2-4
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I love this show, but it's not worth getting up for 4:30am to watch only 1 episode, dubbed.

As with the first episode, you can reserve a timeshift to watch it whenever you want over the following week. (Hit the orange record button from the event page.)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
If the timely arrival of the first LE Set is anything to go by, the stream will occur after this LE has gotten to my house, thanks to its pre-order status on Right Stuf. Confused

Aniplex preorders from Right Stuf usually ship out about one week before the release date, and in the case of the first Madoka Magica volume it was exactly seven days. If they stick to the pattern, it will be April 3rd when it ships, so it's likely you will have it before the stream (probably on the same day, though). I would say I would have it too, but I'm no longer in Springfield where my billing address is (so where it has to be delivered). Probably will check out this stream to tide me over until I have it in my hands.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:

Hey, some Otaku are probably interested in seeing the Englis dub of one of their favorite shows.

Sankaku will probably have translations of 2chan Otaku opinions on the dub soon after the event (presuming that opinions are actually psoted on 2chan) and I may check them out (which would be one of the few times I'd EVER go the hellhole that is Sankaku).

What were their opinions of the first episode?

Glad to see them doing this in multiple countries. More promotion is welcomed.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:47 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Uhm.... JUST the 5th?
Advertisement of the first episode on the second volume that comes out in a few weeks, so it makes sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
I like this; I was underwhelmed, but not incensed, by the English dub of the first episode, so I'd like to see if it improved by this fifth. I will also have watched the episode in Japanese by then, so it will be interesting to compare performances.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:

What were their opinions of the first episode?

Glad to see them doing this in multiple countries. More promotion is welcomed.

Sankaku never covered the first episode, nor will they likely cover this episode. In fact, NicoNico Live isn't really that big of a deal, anyway, though it is still exciting in the long run.

But still, I saw some Japanese fan comments on the Japanese stream and they were mostly making jokes about some of the English transliterations. Funny enough, the biggest quote in BOTH streams, as I remembered it, was "MINE, MINE, MINE" from Sayaka...
Otherwise, they made small observations, like when Sayaka used the word "moe" and when Madoka's voice was "really cute" because it was soft, like the Japanese. They generally praised it, though there were some detractors who pointed out it probably sounded weird to the Western audience, so it probably wasn't all that good in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2