• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maria Holic, Queen's Blade, Tayutama, Hetalia Promos Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch Hetalia! Very Happy Seeing all the countries of the world as chibi characters interacting with one another should make for some awesome entertainment!
pparker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
The Queen's Blade characters are very close to their originals. Those awesome designs were done of course by multiple designers, particularly Kazuhiro Takamura. The CG seems a bit cheesy (just an early PV, I realize), but the action looks good. We may have a new and improved Ikki Tousen, maybe even another Witchblade, on our hands. Done properly, there's plenty of material for multiple seasons.

Maria Holic looks amusing, and Tayutama, well, looks like about 10 other shows I've seen cut into one Smile Can a whole be more than some parts?
Panda Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for Maria Holic and maybe Queen's Blade. I already saw the first episode of Maria Holic and have to say it was alright. I think it will become a favorite of 2009 for me.
Aikoh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
There is no way to portray my excitement for the Hetalia anime in mere words. But, from what I read over at the LiveJournal community, it sounds like it might be somewhat like the anime adaptation of Azumanga Daioh. I think that could work very well for Hetalia, since most of the strips are quite short even though they're not necessarily always four-panels, and there are plenty of miniature arcs and side stories in addition to the main storyline.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Aikoh wrote:
There is no way to portray my excitement for the Hetalia anime in mere words. But, from what I read over at the LiveJournal community, it sounds like it might be somewhat like the anime adaptation of Azumanga Daioh. I think that could work very well for Hetalia, since most of the strips are quite short even though they're not necessarily always four-panels, and there are plenty of miniature arcs and side stories in addition to the main storyline.

Hmm.. I think I might have to watch Hetalia then. I haven't read any of the strips yet, are they any good?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I've actually read some manga chapters of Maria Holic and the series isn't too bad. Only problem, unless this is licensed, I doubt I'll be able to see where this series goes within the manga aspect.

I might check out the anime, but only if I don't have too many shows I am watching at that time.
domino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Hetalia! I can't believe it's finally come. It feels like a dream.... that little scribbly webcomic has come a long way. I'm too excited for the Hetalia anime to be able to put it into words..!
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
If Queen's Blade is DONE PROPERLY, it could be the next great boobs-and-blades show (and might even one-up Witchblade along the way). I never cared much for the QB art anthologies, but this could be fun to watch.

Also, are the BL elements in Hetalia so overpowering that a dude couldn't enjoy the show, or are they mild enough to easily ignore?
domino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

Also, are the BL elements in Hetalia so overpowering that a dude couldn't enjoy the show, or are they mild enough to easily ignore?

A dude MADE the show, so I would hope so. The original series was written by a lighthearted 22 year old male, so it should be pretty mild. ... though France DOES like to get naked. A lot.
musouka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:56 am Reply with quote
Jesus Christ, Media Factory. Making the video private doesn't mean we don't know the Hetalia anime exists. If you're that embarrassed, why bother to make the series at all?

I wonder if they'll try to crack down even heavier on fansubs than normal...
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:06 am Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
Jesus Christ, Media Factory. Making the video private doesn't mean we don't know the Hetalia anime exists. If you're that embarrassed, why bother to make the series at all?

I wonder if they'll try to crack down even heavier on fansubs than normal...

They have every right to once the show is licensed.
musouka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
They have every right to once the show is licensed.

They freaked out over the fact that non-Japanese were watching the trailer. What makes you think they'd ever even consider licensing it?
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quote
Oh, I thought it HAD been licensed.

...All things considered, though, would the show be profitable? There'd be, what, two people who'd actually buy this in a store? Yeah...

My apologies for thinking that someone already picked it up.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote
Why aren't all these promos and trailers available here on ANN?
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

There are much fewer "BL elements" in the manga than what people seem to believe (plus it's all gags, anyway). I know several guys who read it and enjoy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2