Jason checks out Manga 2.5, a new service offering fully-voiced and kind-of-animated manga series including Detective Loki and Otogi Soushi.
Chicks On Anime
- Girls Night Out (Nov 10)
- Raining Men (Oct 27)
- Seme Like it Hot (Oct 13)
- Shoujo in Academia (Sep 22)
- Honey & Clover (Sep 8)
- Shoujo Fans in Fandom (Aug 25)
- The Artist Alley (Part 2) (Aug 11)
- The Artist's Alley, Part 1 (Jul 14)
- A Chat With Our News Editor (Jun 30)
- Ball-Jointed Dolls (Jun 23)
- Producing a DVD (Jun 2)
- Creating a Heroine (May 19)
- Background Art: An Insider Perspective (May 12)
- Copyright Enforcement (May 5)
- Tales from the Rental Front (Apr 7)
- Representation of Anime Fans (Mar 24)
- Women in Comics and Manga (Mar 10)
- International Fan Culture (Mar 3)
- Best Friends Forever (Feb 24)
- The Perfect Man(?) (Feb 17)
- Fansubs (Pt 2) (Feb 10)
- Fansubs (Pt 1) (Feb 3)
- Net Etiquette (Jan 20)
- Censorship Part 2 (Jan 13)
- Censorship Part 1 (Jan 6)
- Pornography for Women (Dec 16)
- Female Crossdressers in Media (Dec 9)
- GloBL and Gay Comics (Nov 25)
- Yaoi (Nov 18)
- Animators Turned Directors (Nov 12)
- A Look at Key Animation (Nov 4)
- Fan Art (Oct 28)
- Fan Fiction (Part 2) (Oct 20)
- Fan Fiction (Part 1) (Oct 14)
- 2008-10-07 (Oct 7)
- Tuesday Sep 30th
- Tuesday Sep 23rd
- Tuesday Sep 16th
- Tuesday Sep 9th
- Tuesday Sep 2nd
- Tuesday Aug 26th
Throughout all of the messiness, through repetitive missions, tortured sci-fi explanations, and fleeting moments of bittersweet affect, BONES makes damned sure that AO looks consistently great.
Madoka Magica: Rebellion blasts the franchise sky high, which results in an experience about as satisfying and horrifying as that sounds. It demands to be seen by fans of the series, although not necessarily enjoyed.
It's time for imports with God Eater 2, Metal Max 4, and a robot war that we don't even bother numbering. Plus Bravely Second, Granblue Fantasy, and the way that anime should embrace old games.
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin is an engaging, intense read that speaks to the reason why the franchise has been able to exist for so long – it has a solid base. These first three books deliver that along with solid science fiction storytelling, making them seriously good literary entertainment.
This week, a unique erotic historical fiction film that has completely slipped through the cracks.
This anime bravely steps forward to take on some challenging ideas ... and falls completely flat on its face.
This week, a show about murder, gore, and the "other"; a show about ... more murder and gore, and one about luck.
Cute girls engage in “tankery” in this late 2012 series. The concept works surprisingly well largely because the series stays focused on its main strength: involving and beautifully-animated mock tank battles.