Mike wonders aloud which anime would be a good fit for the prestigious Criterion Collection.
Chicks On Anime
- Girls Night Out (Nov 10)
- Raining Men (Oct 27)
- Seme Like it Hot (Oct 13)
- Shoujo in Academia (Sep 22)
- Honey & Clover (Sep 8)
- Shoujo Fans in Fandom (Aug 25)
- The Artist Alley (Part 2) (Aug 11)
- The Artist's Alley, Part 1 (Jul 14)
- A Chat With Our News Editor (Jun 30)
- Ball-Jointed Dolls (Jun 23)
- Producing a DVD (Jun 2)
- Creating a Heroine (May 19)
- Background Art: An Insider Perspective (May 12)
- Copyright Enforcement (May 5)
- Tales from the Rental Front (Apr 7)
- Representation of Anime Fans (Mar 24)
- Women in Comics and Manga (Mar 10)
- International Fan Culture (Mar 3)
- Best Friends Forever (Feb 24)
- The Perfect Man(?) (Feb 17)
- Fansubs (Pt 2) (Feb 10)
- Fansubs (Pt 1) (Feb 3)
- Net Etiquette (Jan 20)
- Censorship Part 2 (Jan 13)
- Censorship Part 1 (Jan 6)
- Pornography for Women (Dec 16)
- Female Crossdressers in Media (Dec 9)
- GloBL and Gay Comics (Nov 25)
- Yaoi (Nov 18)
- Animators Turned Directors (Nov 12)
- A Look at Key Animation (Nov 4)
- Fan Art (Oct 28)
- Fan Fiction (Part 2) (Oct 20)
- Fan Fiction (Part 1) (Oct 14)
- 2008-10-07 (Oct 7)
- Tuesday Sep 30th
- Tuesday Sep 23rd
- Tuesday Sep 16th
- Tuesday Sep 9th
- Tuesday Sep 2nd
- Tuesday Aug 26th
Kanae Hazuki's story treads some ground we don't always see covered to give us a romance that is both a little unsettling and far from sickly sweet.
Here's a salute to bygone American anime companies, we knew ye well.
Since Justin isn't at SDCC, he can answer all your questions about anime studios' work on American cartoons, why short TV series don't get licensed, why voice actor commentaries are so rare, and the history of anime theme songs.
Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn does little more than its assigned duty as a playground for battle-mecha carnage. It's enjoyable in quick little brawls, never outright terrible but always a bit tedious.
The co-founder of last year's rocky Japan Expo 1st Impact talks about all the dramatic changes to this year's event, what went wrong last time and what to expect from this year's show at the San Mateo Event Center.
What begins as an amnesia-seasoned sort-of romance eventually becomes something far richer: a gentle tale of connection and friendship, of evolving feelings and sweetly ordinary bonding.
While the plot and characters of this 3D CG mecha series may not be especially compelling or fresh, the action, visuals, and setting details are sharp enough to keep viewers coming back.
It's easy to understand what Kill La Kill wants to say in every moment because its ideas are simple, but conveyed in ways never quite seen before, and its healthy splashes of humor grow out of its thematic ideas rather than combating them.
If Her Flag Breaks is giggle out loud (if not laugh) funny in places, enjoyably self-referential in others, and just generally an entertaining show to watch. It may not be top-notch, but it is enjoyable