Whose style came in first? What about the best suit? It's all in here!
Chicks On Anime
- Girls Night Out (Nov 10)
- Raining Men (Oct 27)
- Seme Like it Hot (Oct 13)
- Shoujo in Academia (Sep 22)
- Honey & Clover (Sep 8)
- Shoujo Fans in Fandom (Aug 25)
- The Artist Alley (Part 2) (Aug 11)
- The Artist's Alley, Part 1 (Jul 14)
- A Chat With Our News Editor (Jun 30)
- Ball-Jointed Dolls (Jun 23)
- Producing a DVD (Jun 2)
- Creating a Heroine (May 19)
- Background Art: An Insider Perspective (May 12)
- Copyright Enforcement (May 5)
- Tales from the Rental Front (Apr 7)
- Representation of Anime Fans (Mar 24)
- Women in Comics and Manga (Mar 10)
- International Fan Culture (Mar 3)
- Best Friends Forever (Feb 24)
- The Perfect Man(?) (Feb 17)
- Fansubs (Pt 2) (Feb 10)
- Fansubs (Pt 1) (Feb 3)
- Net Etiquette (Jan 20)
- Censorship Part 2 (Jan 13)
- Censorship Part 1 (Jan 6)
- Pornography for Women (Dec 16)
- Female Crossdressers in Media (Dec 9)
- GloBL and Gay Comics (Nov 25)
- Yaoi (Nov 18)
- Animators Turned Directors (Nov 12)
- A Look at Key Animation (Nov 4)
- Fan Art (Oct 28)
- Fan Fiction (Part 2) (Oct 20)
- Fan Fiction (Part 1) (Oct 14)
- 2008-10-07 (Oct 7)
- Tuesday Sep 30th
- Tuesday Sep 23rd
- Tuesday Sep 16th
- Tuesday Sep 9th
- Tuesday Sep 2nd
- Tuesday Aug 26th
Justin returns for a Twitter show! More Wind Rises chat, Space Adventure Cobra, the Spring season and more are chewed over.
It's not flawless, but Attack on Titan's dub is raw in the best way, successful at yanking out heartstrings and more impressively, maintaining the show's healthy sense of humor. The end result is one of the strongest dubs heard in many years.
Do screeners really sway critics to giving positive reviews? Is this the end of an era? Why can't you see the dub of Blue Dragon anywhere? And why are late night anime selling more on Blu-ray?
Jason checks out Hideki Ohwada's politically-charged mahjong manga, The Legend of Koizumi.
Yamato 2199 starts with a slow burn, but as the titular space battleship rises into space, the series finds its stride and only gains momentum.
In our second Space Dandy interview, Mike talks to Bahi JD, an animator who started with animated GIFs and wound up working on Kids on the Slope!
This week, Todd herds Kickstarters about hamsters, transhumanism, and pure chaos! Plus Freedom Wars, Oreshika, and an unoriginal take on Sega classics.
Giovanni's Island is as powerful as it is predictable. It may be one of the few films to focus on the Kuril Islands, but its tale will prove immediately familiar to anyone acquainted with cinema's typical treatments of war-torn children.
Strike Witches: Maidens in the Sky is in fact about girls with no pants, but if you can get past that conceit, it's an enjoyable book. It's more of a fun diversion than a series to sink your teeth into, but it is also a good way into the franchise.
Deadman Wonderland is overall a very gripping series, at least in its first two volumes. The story is dystopian, frightening, and guaranteed to make you angry.