News Ace Attorney Anime's April 2 Premiere Revealed
posted on 2016-02-05 01:30 EST
The official website for the television anime of CAPCOM's Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) games has revealed the anime's April 2 premiere date. The Crank In! website describes the anime's full title as Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu," Igi Ari! (Ace Attorney: That "Truth," Is Objection!), but the Akiba Sōken website describes "Sono 'Shinjitsu,' Igi Ari!" as the anime's tagline. The anime's official website has updated the previous visual with this line of text (pictured at right).
The cast includes:
- Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan's Eren) as Phoenix Wright/Ryūichi Naruhodō
- Aoi Yūki (Puella Magi Madoka Magica's Madoka) as Maya Fey/Mayoi Ayasato
- Masashi Tamaki as Miles Edgeworth/Reiji Mitsurugi
- Chie Nakamura (Naruto's Sakura) as Mia Fey/Chihiro Ayasato
- Masami Iwasaki (Akame ga KILL!'s Borick) as Dick Gumshoe/Keisuke Itonokogiri
- Tooru Nara (Chihayafuru's Yūsei Nishida) as Larry Butz/Masashi Yahari
Ayumu Watanabe (Space Brothers, Doraemon films) will direct the series at A-1 Pictures, and Atsuhiro Tomioka (Pokémon XY, Trinity Blood) will handle series composition. Kaoru Wada (InuYasha, Princess Tutu) is composing the music, and Keiko Ōta (Hyakko) is designing the characters.
CAPCOM launched the game series for the Game Boy Advance in Japan in 2001, and then a port for the Nintendo DS shipped in Japan and in the West in 2005. The game and most of its sequels have players play as defense attorney Phoenix Wright as he investigates and defends his clients at trial.
Takashi Miike (Crows Zero, Yatterman, Ichi the Killer) directed a live-action film adaptation of the franchise that opened in Japan in February 2012. The franchise has also spawned several manga series, including one launching this year.
Update: The anime will premiere on April 2, not April 4 as previously stated. Thanks, SaiyamanMS.
Source: MyNavi News
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history