Manga Guide to Electricity (GN)
Title: Manga Guide to Electricity
Distributor: No Starch Press
Release date: 2009-03-11
Suggested retail price: $19.95
Rereko is just your average high-school girl from Electopia, the land of electricity, but she's totally failed her final electricity exam! Now she has to go to summer school on Earth. And this time, she has to pass.
Luckily, her ever-patient tutor Hikaru is there to help. Join them in the pages of The Manga Guide to Electricity as Rereko examines everyday electrical devices like flashlights, heaters, and circuit breakers, and learns the meaning of abstract concepts like voltage, potential, current, resistance, conductivity, and electrostatic force.
The real-world examples that you'll find in The Manga Guide to Electricity will teach you:
* What electricity is, how it works, how it's created, and how it can be used
* The relationship between voltage, current, and resistance (Ohm's law)
* Key electrical concepts like inductance and capacitance
* How complicated components like transformers, semiconductors, diodes, and transistors work
* How electricity produces heat and the relationship between current and magnetic fields
If thinking about how electricity works really fries your brain, let The Manga Guide to Electricity teach you all things electrical in a shockingly fun way.
Kazuhiro Fujitaki is a lecturer at the Tokyo Metropolitan Vocational Skills Development Center. He has written a number of books on electrical engineering and runs a website offering useful information about Japan's qualifying examinations for electrical technicians.
(added on 2009-10-24, modified on 2009-10-24)
- Encyclopedia information about [(The) Manga Guide to ...]