Interest Rie Kugimiya to Provide Rise's Voice in Persona 4 Play
posted on 2012-03-06 20:35 EST by Ko Ransom
Voice actor and Visualive Persona 4 director and writer Shintarō Asanuma tweeted on Tuesday that Rie Kugimiya would be providing Rise's voice in the visual effects-heavy stage play adaptation of Index's popular Playstation 2 game. According to Asanuma, on-stage actors for the characters of Naoto and Rise could not be included due to a policy held by the play's production company that prevented him from adding more female cast members.
The previously announced cast is as follows:
- Toru Baba as Protagonist
- Takahisa Maeyama as Yōsuke Hanamura
- Minami Tsukui as Chie Satonaka
- Risa Yoshiki as Yukiko Amagi
- Jyoji Saotome as Daisuke Nagase
- Motohiro Ota as Kou Ichijō
- Masashi Taniguchi as Ryōtarō Dōjima
- Masami Itō as Tōru Adachi
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Kuma (original voice from game)
Shutaro Oku is credited with directing the footage used in the production, and Shunsuke Wada composed the music. The play is set to run from March 15 to March 20 at the Sunshine Theatre in Ikebukuro, Tokyo.