Interest Japanese Gamers Pick Their Favorite Video Game Companies
posted on 2014-07-31 13:00 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge
A recent poll in Japan questioned 500 men and women about their video game buying habits. Of the 500 participants, 138 responded that they play video games and 73 replied that they have a favorite video game company they consistently patronize.
Here are the favorite developers based on the 73 respondents' answers:
- Nintendo, 41.1%: One male participant mentioned his favorite series were Mario and Legend of Zelda, and two female participants mentioned Animal Crossing, Mario, Pokemon and Ace Attorney.
- Square Enix, 24.7%: example series including Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.
- Capcom, 8.2%: female participants said they found Sengoku Basara "very addicting," and that she liked the character Airou from Monster Hunter
- Tecmo Koei Games, 6.8%: examples included Nobunaga's Ambition and Samurai Warriors
- Atlus, 4.1%: examples included Persona 3 and Persona 4 series
- Sony Computer Entertainment, 2.7%: a female participant stated she liked the company's variety of action games, like Soul Sacrifice
- Konami, 2.7%: one male participant said he liked their baseball games, like Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū.
- Level-5, 2.7%: fans cited Dragon Quest as a recent popular game
- Spike Chunsoft, 1.4%
- Sega, 1.4%
- Namco, 1.4%: one participant said he liked the company's long-running Tales of series.
What are your favorite video game companies, and why? Let us know in the forums!
[Via Nico Nico News]