News - December 2000
- Project A-Kon Details ()
- O-TV Update ()
- Saber Marionette J DVD "Tidbits" ()
- Top 10 Japanese News Events of the Century ()
- New Anime For January ()
- Fantasticon: Project Otaku ()
- Cartoon Network Outlaw Star Broadcast ()
- Hard Suit Auctions complete ()
- Anime Delays ()
- Saban selling his stake in Fox ()
- Endless Waltz Info ()
- Fanarts.net ()
- Toonami New Year's Update ()
- A word regarding the AIBO Contest ()
- Holiday Toonami Schedule ()
- DVD Updates ()
- Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs announces Award Winning Media Works ()
- Viz April Releases ()
- Thoughts on the Princess Mononoke DVD ()
- Dragonball Unedited Manga Update ()
- DVD News ()
- Dragon Ball Z Music CD Information ()
- Dragon Ball Z #1 Fad ()
- More details on Watsuki Nobuhiro new Manga ()
- Bio Hunter Contest ()
- Dark Horse PR ()
- 3X3 Eyes Delayed ()
- Urban Vision Holiday Closing Information ()
- Night Walker website ()
- Princess Mononoke among Entertainment Magazine's best 10 of 2000 ()
- Hardsuit auction started ()
- Bandai Escaflowne Press release ()
- Manga 2001 Release Schedule ()
- New TV series coming to America ()
- Dallas Prosecutors drop one Obscenity charge from Manga Sale ()
- Cardcaptors Soundtrack on its way ()
- Satan gets his name back ()
- Release Dates ()
- Studio Ghibli Webmagazine ()
- Nausicaa Korean Webpage online ()
- LA Times: What to get for the kiddies ()
- CyberSix Season 2 Petition ()
- Planet Namek Q&A's Infogrames ()
- eigoManga.com Expansion ()
- Evangelion DVDs ()
- Oh The Irony ()
- Easy to find Aibo Clue ()
- Wrong/Missing Tarot card not a Big deal ()
- Princess Mononoke DVD Info ()
- New Manga series from Kenshin Creator ()
- Reiji Matsumoto to Direct Daft Punk Video ()
- Japanese Tezuma Osamu Informational DVD ()
- More Details on Turkish ban of Pokemon ()
- L.A. Times discusses Tenchi ()
- Anime Alberta Fanfic Collection ()
- Gundam Wing leaving Toonami?! ()
- More Anime in Top 40 ()
- AnimeNation.com gone? ()
- Pokemon News ()
- Cartoon Network posts Flash Parody of Anime ()
- Media Blasters Aquisitions ()
- Anime on The charts ()
- Inu Yasha Theatre Play to Return to Tokyo ()
- Correction: Mononoke Due on Dec 19th, not 31st. ()
- Anime Filmography released by Protoculture ()
- New Title Announcements ()
- Retailer receives Princess Monoke DVD ()
- Subtitle problem with Imma Youjo DVDs ()
- Knight Saber Hard suits to be auctionned on E-Bay ()
- Tales of Eternia Anime series ()
- Anime Toys rated among Most Violent ()
- ADV Post Orphen flash preview ()
- Theatrical Anime features delayed in Korea ()
- New Book on Anime ()
- Lost Universe Spanish corrections ()
- CardCaptor Movie news ()
- November Nielson Ratings ()
- Lost Universe on TV... in Spanish ()
- Nelvana involved in Japanese all CGI TV series ()
- March Manga releases ()
- Macross on TV ()
- Vampire Hunter D possible release time frame ()
- Blue Submarine No 6 on one tape ()
- Internet Correspondence course for Anime creators ()
- Impromanga ()
- Anime Release Briefs. ()
- Is VHS a thing of the future's past? ()
- New You're Under Arrest TV Series ()
- Amazon Mixx Up ()
- Anime Fringe increasing Article Count ()
- Studio Tron Website updated ()
- Notice to readers ()
- 4th Pokemon Movie to Open in Japan on July 7th ()
- More AKA-KON News ()
- Gundam News from AKA KON ()
- The Future of Animated Features ()
- Gunm: Last Order begins Serialization ()
- Kodansha to Launch English Website ()
- Nausicaa's Mother gets her day ()
- Petition Updates ()
- Speed Racer DVD ()
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...