Jason checks out Hideki Ohwada's politically-charged mahjong manga, The Legend of Koizumi.
News Weekend Wrapup - Week in Anime [29/10 - 4/11]
This past week has been packed with news, most of which are announcements of several new projects. Last weekend was Supanova Sydney with Crispin Freeman and Vic Mignogna in attendance, who later appeared in Melbourne for Madman's 10th anniversary party. Of course congratulations to Madman Entertainment for their 10th birthday and we here at Ann.au hope the company has another successful 10 years. Now onto some news!
- Hellsing Ultimate, the OVA based closely on the original manga has been licensed by Madman, due for release in April.
- Monthly Shonen Jump has just announced a anime adaptation of Claymore.
- Street Fighter and Speed Racer are finally pulled out of limbo and announced for 2008 releases.
- New Birdy the Mighty anime has been announced, and is tentatively titled "Birdy the Movement"
- And finally the Live Action adaptation of Blood the Last Vampire has been announced and Production I.G has struck a different deal where they receive a percentage of royalties instead of a flat fee.