Comics artist and former Gainax employee Lea Hernandez joins us to talk about her turbulent time back in the late 80s with the company that gave birth to Evangelion.
News Weekend Wrapup - Week in Anime [21/1 - 28/1]
I hope everyone has enjoyed their Australia Day long weekend, and seeing as Ann.au has officially been launched online it's been a great weekend here aswell. Now with that said how about we get into the meat of this week's news;
- The first episode of the new Giant Robo Anime is released for free online.
- Takara announces that they will be making a Soundwave MP3 Player. Complete with his tape slot popping out to hold SD cards.
- A museum dedicated to Detective Conan author, Aoyama Gosho, is due to open in March.
- Gendo Seki and Goro Miyazaki win awards for being the worst film and worst director of japanese cinema for 2006.
- Some of the composers who will be attending A Night in Fantasia 2007: Symphonic Games Edition has slipped out.
- And finally, more Princess Ai products has been announced including a new feature movie.
Now for something completely different, if you're looking for a new pair of shoes, why not buy a pair of Nikes that transform into Optimus Prime and Megatron?