News Madman Entertainment Simulcasting Blue Exorcist; New Films Acquired
Blue Exorcist will be simulcasted shortly behind the Japanese broadcast on the Madman Screening Room for free. Episodes are scheduled to begin from Wednesday the 20th of April and Madman are working with Aniplex to have Blue Exorcist screening closer to the original broadcast time.
Blue Exorcist, based on the manga of the same name, follows the human dimension of Assiah and the demon dimension of Gehenna. Demons and humans cannot travel between the two dimensions but to wreck havoc on the world Satan conceives a son, Rin Okumura, planning to posses him and walk Assiah himself. Rin starts to learn how to become an Exorcist in order to defeat Satan. Tensai Okamura (Memories, Wolf's Rain, Darker than Black) is directing the anime with a screenplay by Ryoto Yamaguchi (The Vision of Escaflowne, One Piece, Ranma ½).
Fullmetal Alchemist: the Sacred Stars of Milos, taking place in the same timeline as the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood TV series, is premiering in Japan on the 2nd of July, 2011. Madman has acquired the rights to the movie and are in talks to release the movie in Australia a month after the Japanese release with plans for a full theatrical release at some stage in the near future. Madman have already released earlier Fullmetal Alchemist films and series in Australia and two free episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are available in the Madman Screening Room.
Madman has also acquired the rights to both live-action Battle Royale films. They plan to release the films together as a uncut complete collection sometime in 2011. The films follow a world where youth are seen as the enemy of a failed nation and an act is brought into law that allows the government to force students into battlefields scenarios where only one is left standing.
These announced releases are in addition to the following titles announced last week at Supanova Brisbane:
- Digimon Adventure (TV): Split into two collections, first to be released in August 2011.
- Freedom (OAV)
- Ga-Rei: Zero (TV): Blu-Ray and DVD release in July 2011.
- Gantz - live action: Both movies, possible one night only theatrical release. Both movies to be released as part of one complete collection.
- K-ON!: First season across four volumes. Blu-Ray and DVD release, with collectors box including Volume 1 available for both formats. Volume 1 to be released in July 2011.
- TO (OAV)
- Space Battleship Yamato - live action