Anime Programming in the US
Making a Living in Manga in Japan with Felipe Smith
Lost in Translation
The Scotland Loves Anime festival has announced its line-up for this October's event in Glasgow and Edinburgh. The festival will run from October 11 to 13 at Glasgow (screenings listed here), and October 18 to 20 at Edinburgh (screenings listed here) .
At both Glasgow and Edinburgh - There will be screenings of the first three rebooted Evangelion films: the U.K. premiere of Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo and its two predecessors, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone and Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance. There will also be screenings of:
- Fuse (a historical fantasy set in the Edo era).
- There will be a Guest of Honour announced shortly.
- Among older titles, there will be the chance to see the debut feature films by Satoshi Kon and Makoto Shinkai, namely Kon's horror film Perfect Blue and Shinkai's The Place Promised in Our Early Days.
- The screenings include Shinkai's latest film The Garden of Words (pictured), followed by a live stage discussion with Shinkai himself.
- and a mystery film screening.
Tickets will go on sale in about a week's time.
Update - More information added.
Image © Makoto Shinkai/CoMix Wave Films
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history