News Madman National Cosplay Championship Entries Open for 2014
posted on 2014-02-18 23:26 EST
The Madman National Cosplay Competition is a cosplay competition held over set of preliminary rounds at various conventions around Australia which then culminates in a final round held at Supanova Pop Culture Expo in Brisbane in November. The person or persons who are crowned winner of the Madman National Cosplay Championship 2014 will receive a championship trophy, two return airfares to Tokyo, Japan and seven nights accommodation alongside a JR rail pass for the duration alongside entry into an anime event. If you would like a better idea of what the Madman National Cosplay Championship is all about (or just reminisce over past years) Madman have made a playlist available on YouTube (viewable here) or you can just check out the 2013 finals video below;
The competition is open to Australian residents who are performing solo or as a team of two in costumes of their own creation. Costumes must be from Japanese pop culture (anime, manga, tokusatsu or a Japanese video game) and all entrants must before a skit as part of the entry. Winners of the preliminary rounds will receive a madman voucher and a return flight and accommodation to attend the grand final in Brisbane in November.
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Gold Coast, Saturday April 5, 2014. [Entries close 11.59pm local time 16th March 2014]
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Melbourne, Saturday April 12, 2014. [Entries close 11.59pm local time on 19th March 2014]
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Sydney, Saturday June 14, 2014. [Entries close 11.59pm local time on 25th May 2014]
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Perth, Saturday June 21, 2014. [Entries close 11.59pm local time on 1st June 2014]
- AVCon - Adelaide, Saturday July 19, 2014. [Entries close 11.59pm local time on 29th June 2014]
If you would like to enter the Madman National Cosplay Championship in 2014 please click here to read the full terms and conditions and apply.