News Saint Seiya CG Film's New Video Pits Brother vs. Brother
posted on 2014-06-10 01:00 EDT
Toei Animation began streaming the third special video for this month's CG film Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary on Tuesday. The "Brothers" video centers around the conflict between the siblings Shun and Ikki.
Ikki: It's you who's finished.
Shun: I'm weak…
Ikki: You're spineless.
Ikki: If you were not my brother, I could have killed you.
Ikki: Try to beat me.
Shun: I'm not running away anymore.
Shun: I've made up my mind!
The film will adapt the popular Sanctuary arc from Masami Kurumada's original Saint Seiya mythological fantasy manga of "Bronze Saints vs. Gold Saints." The film's website has the following quote from Kurumada: "The Seiya legend began here." Yoshiki, the 48-year-old leader of the rock band X Japan, is contributing the theme song "Hero (Yoshiki Classical Version)":
- Kaito Ishikawa (Nobunaga The Fool, Golden Time, Tokyo Ravens) as Pegasus Seiya
- Momoiro Clover Z member Ayaka Sasaki as Athena and Saori Kido
- Kenji Akabane (Meganebu!, Star Driver) as Dragon Shiryū
- Kensho Ono (Kuroko's Basketball) as Cygnus Hyōg
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Yozakura Quartet, Blue Exorcist) as Andromeda Shun
- Kenji Nojima (Psycho-Pass, High School DxD) as Phoenix Ikki
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Fruits Basket) as Aries Mu
- Rikiya Koyama (Ninja Scroll, Witchblade, High School DxD) as Taurus Aldebaran
- Hiroaki Hirata (Tiger & Bunny, Space Brothers) as Cancer Deathmask
- Go Inoue (Kuroko's Basketball, Tiger & Bunny) as Leo Aiolia
- Mitsuaki Madono (Bleach, Gintama, Inuyasha) as Virgo Shaka
- Shinji Kawada (Nodame Cantabile, Attack on Titan) as Capricorn Shura
- Daisuke Namikawa (Persona 4 The Animation) as Aquarius Camus
- Takuya Kirimoto (Summer Wars, Darker than Black) as Pisces Aphrodite
- Masumi Asano (D.N.Angel, Hyōka) as Scorpio Milo
- Toshiyuki Morikawa (Line Town, Gundam Wing, Hyōka) as Sagittarius Aiolos
- Kouichi Yamadera (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Gintama) as Gemini Saga
Toei Animation confirmed in February 2011 that production on a new computer-animated film of Saint Seiya had been green-lit. Keiichi Satou (Tiger & Bunny, Ashura), is helming the project, and Kurumada is credited as the original creator and chief production supervisor. (He also coined the film's title.) Tomohiro Suzuki, a scriptwriter for six episodes of Tiger & Bunny, is writing the screenplay.
The manga ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1985 to 1990, and it has 34.4 million copies in print worldwide. The manga quickly inspired a 1986 television anime series that was popular not only in Japan, but also in France, Italy, other parts of Europe, Brazil, other parts of South and Central America, and Asia. The anime aired in more than 80 countries. It has been a decade since the last Saint Seiya film, 2004's Saint Seiya Tenkai-hen Jōsō ~Overture~.