News Live-Action Jigoku Sensei Nube Shifts Setting to High School
posted on 2014-08-18 13:45 EDT
The live-action television series adaptation of Takeshi Okano and Sho Makura's Jigoku Sensei Nube manga will shift the setting from elementary school to high school. The series is slated to premiere in October
The cast includes:
- Ryūhei Maruyama (Wild 7, Strawberry Night) as Meisuke "Nuubee" Nueno
- Mirei Kiritani (live-action Arakawa Under the Bridge, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) as Ritsuko Takahashi
- Mokomichi Hayami (Gokusen 2, Zettai Kareshi - Kanzen Muketsu no Koibito Robot as Kyōsuke Tamamo
- Mizuki Yamamoto (live-action Black Butler) as Izuna Hazuki
- Hideki Takahashi (Pokémon the Movie: White - Victini and Zekrom's Zekrom) as Mugenkai Jikū
Makura and Okano serialized the original manga from 1993 to 1999 in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The original manga series centers around Nube, a young male teacher whose left hand is an "oni hand." He resolves cases by using the power of his left hand to purify evil spirits.
Makura and Okano published a one-shot manga titled "Jigoku Sensei Nube: Ōmagatoki" in Grand Jump in April, 15 years after the original manga ended. The duo then launched a sequel manga titled Jigoku Sensei Nube Neo in Grand Jump Premium's June issue on May 28. The first compiled volume of the sequel will ship on October 3.
The original manga inspired a television anime series, a video anime series, and three films.
Source: Comic Natalie