News Princess Jellyfish Live-Action Film's 1st Trailer Introduces Story, Cast
posted on 2014-08-20 07:45 EDT
Narrator: Otaku- The culture that Japan boasts about to the world.
Tsukimi: Um... I'm sure you know plenty well that the raising of jellyfish is very difficult, but you're not supposed to raise those two kind of jellyfish in the same tank!
Clerk: Whoa! Whoa!? What is up with you!?
Text: Rena Nōnen as jellyfish otaku
Narrator: In a dorm forbidden to boys, hardcore girls lived happily together.
Text: Chizuru Ikewaki as railroad otaku
Text: Rina Ōta as Romance of the Three Kingdoms otaku
Text: Azusa Babazono as Japanophile
Text: Tomoe Shinohara as old man enthusiast
Narrator: In front of the girls who insist that they have no need for men
Narrator: A too-beautiful cross-dressing boy and a virgin elite who happen to be brothers appear.
Tsukimi: This is the biggest danger in my otaku life yet!
Text: 12/27 (saturday). Laughs, tears, and moe!
The website also unveiled the poster for the film:
The cast for the film will star:
- Rena Nōnen (Amachan, Hot Road) as jellyfish-obssesed otaku Tsukimi Kurashita (leftmost)
- Masaki Suda (Kamen Rider W, High School Debut) as cross-dressing Kuranosuke Koibuchi (top center)
- Hiroki Hasegawa (Second Virgin, Why Don't You Play in Hell?) as Shū Koibuchi, who is scared of women (top right)
- Chizuru Ikewaki (The Cat Returns, The Piano Forest) as railroad otaku Banba (bottom, fourth from the right)
- Rina Ōta (The Next Generation -Patlabor-) as Three Kingdoms otaku Mayaya (bottom, third from the right)
- Singer Tomoe Shinohara (Ghiblies, on-chan Yume Power Daibōken) as Jiji, who is into old men (bottom, second from the right)
- Azusa Babazono (of the comedy duo "Asian") as Japanophile Chieko (bottom, rightmost)
Taisuke Kawamura (Himitsu no Akko-chan, Nodame Cantabile: The Final Score Part II) is directing the film off a script by Toshiya Ono (Watashi no Yasashikunai Sempai, Gatchaman Crowds, tsuritama, Suite Precure). Kumiko Iijima worked on the costumes for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu before designing the costumes for this movie.
The film will open in Japanese theaters on December 27.
Plain, timid and obsessed with jellyfish, Tsukimi is a far cry from her idea of a princess. Her tepid life as a jobless illustrator comes complete with roommates who harbor diehard hobbies that solidify their status as hopeless social rejects. These wallflowers run a tight, nun-like ship, but their no-men-allowed-not-no-one-not-no-how bubble is unwittingly burst after Tsukimi brings home a rescued sea jelly and a beauty queen... who's actually a guy. When the threat of losing their cozy convent inspires this glamour boy to turn the neurotic entourage into a portrait of success, will Tsukimi take her chance to bloom, or will she end up a hot mess?Higashimura launched the manga in Kiss, Kodansha's manga magazine for female readers, in 2008, and Kodansha published 2.7 million copies as of the 13th compiled book volume last December.
Images © LesPros entertainment.Co.,Ltd. © Akiko Higashimura/Kodansha