News Dead Rising Live-Action Film Sequel Slated for Summer
posted on 2016-03-07 00:00 EST
Entertainment news source Deadline reported last month that Dead Rising: Endgame, the sequel film to the Dead Rising: Watchtower live-action film, will open this summer. Both films are based on Capcom's Dead Rising zombie survival-horror game.
The returning cast will include:
- Jesse Metcalfe as Chase Carter
- Keegan Connor Tracy as Jordan Blair
- Dennis Haysbert as General Lyons
- Patrick Sabongui as a "skilled zombie killer and video game aficionado" (a different role from the previous film)
New cast includes:
- Victor Webster as Chuck Greene, the protagonist from the Dead Rising 2 game
- Billy Zane as Rand
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Sandra Lowe
- Ian Tracey as George Hancock
- Jessica Harmon as Jill
- Camille Sullivan as Susan Ingot
Pat Williams is directing the film, and Michael Ferris and Tim Carter penned the script. Carter is also producing the film at Legendary Digital Media, with Thomas Harlan credited as executive producer.
The previous film premiered last March on Sony's Crackle streaming service, as well as on other streaming services, DVD, and television.
Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune produced the original Xbox 360 game in 2006. The story of the movie follows four characters as they attempt to survive a zombie apocalypse while hunting down the source of the infection that is giving rise to the undead.