News One Piece Film Gold Reveals Original Film Characters
posted on 2016-03-07 06:45 EST
The official website for the One Piece franchise revealed the character designs on Monday for One Piece Film Gold's original characters. Shueisha published the rough drafts of these characters that One Piece manga creator Eiichiro Oda drew in this year's 14th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump on Monday.
The new characters are (from left to right):
- Gild Tesoro, a casino king who controls the huge golden ship Gran Tesoro. He is a devil fruit user who ate the "Gol Gol fruit." He is an extremely rich man who is said to possess 20% of the monetary "Beli" that exist in the world.
- Carina, a very popular songstress with a beautiful voice. She is surrounded in mystery.
- Dice, a dealer on Gran Tesoro. He is a large-bodied man clad in muscles who offers his audience the highest level of game. He also has a special ability.
- Baccarat, a devil fruit user who ate the "lucky lucky" fruit. When she touches someone, their luck changes. She is a mysterious and elegant woman who acts as an escort for the Straw Hat pirates. She is the concierge of the Gran Tesoro
- Mr. Tanaka, a devil fruit user who ate the "nuke nuke" fruit ("nukenuke" means "to do something however one pleases," but "nuke" can also mean "to draw out"). With his secretive devil fruit powers he is in charge of Gran Tesoro interior security.
Oda is serving as the film's executive producer as well as being credited with the original work. Oda also served as the executive producer for the previous film in the franchise, One Piece Film Z.
Hiroaki Miyamoto (One Piece episodes 352-679, assistant director for One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) is directing the film, and Tsutomu Kuroiwa (live-action Black Butler film, live-action Liar Game: The Final Stage film, live-action The Perfect Insider TV series) is writing the script.
One Piece Film Gold will open in Japan on July 23.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history