News Live-Action ERASED Film's Clip Features Airi, Satoru
posted on 2016-03-10 11:00 EST
Japanese entertainment news website Comic Natalie began streaming a 25-second clip on Thursday from the live-action film of Kei Sanbe's Boku dake ga Inai Machi (The Town Where Only I Am Missing) manga. The scene features Satoru (played by Tatsuya Fujiwara) and Airi (Kasumi Arimura).
Airi: I wasn't able to do anything for him with my small hands. I want to believe you for my own sake. I want to think there is something I can do with my own hands.
The manga's story follows Satoru, a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.
The film's cast includes:
- Tatsuya Fujiwara (live-action Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin) as the protagonist Satoru Fujinuma.
- Kasumi Arimura (When Marnie Was There, live-action Strobe Edge) as Airi Katagiri, Satoru's part-time job coworker.
- Yuriko Ishida (Princess Mononoke, From Up On Poppy Hill) as Satoru's mother.
- Mitsuhiro Oikawa (Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie, live-action Nodame Cantabile) as Satoru's elementary school teacher.
- Rio Suzuki as Kayo Hinazuki
- Tsubasa Nakagawa as elementary school age Satoru
- Tetta Sugimoto
- Kento Hayashi
- Seiji Fukushi
- Kanna Mori
Hirakawa is directing the film off scripts by Noriko Gotō. The film is slated to open in Japan on March 19.
Sanbe began the manga in 2012, and ended it in Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine on March 4. Kadokawa published the seventh compiled volume in December.
An anime adaptation (titled ERASED in the West) premiered on January 7 on Fuji TV's Noitamina block. Crunchyroll and Funimation are streaming the series as it airs in Japan. The anime will depict the manga's ending.
Source: Comic Natalie