News Aniplex Offers The Asterisk War Season 1 on English-Dubbed Blu-ray
posted on 2016-06-04 20:31 EDT
Aniplex of America announced at its A-Kon panel on Saturday that it is dubbing The Asterisk War television anime's first season in English for its Blu-ray release. The season will be available in two volumes — Volume 1 on September 20 and Volume 2 on November 22.
Chris Cason is directing the English dub, as previewed in a new trailer:
The Japanese and English casts include:
- Ayato Amagiri: Atsushi Tamaru / Erik Scott Kimerer
- Julis-Alexia von Riessfeld: Ai Kakuma / Kira Buckland
- Claudia Enfield: Nao Toyama / Erika Harlacher
- Saya Sasamiya: Shiori Izawa / Sarah Anne Williams
- Kirin Toudou: Ari Ozawa / Brianna Knickerbocker
- Eishiro Yabuki: Yuuma Uchida / Max Mittelman
- Lester MacPhail: Takanori Hoshino / Patrick Seitz
- Ernesta Kuhne: Chinatsu Akasaki / Cassandra Lee Morris
- Camilla Pareto: Mutsumi Tamura / Cristina Vee
- Haruka Amagiri: Mai Nakahara / Michelle Ruff
- Silas Norman: Yuuichi Iguchi / Kyle McCarley
- Randy Hooke: Nobuyuki Kobushi / Vic Mignogna
- Shuma Sakon: Nobuo Tobita / Lucien Dodge
- Fan Xinglou: Omi Minami / Cherami Leigh
- Ernest Fairclough: Takahiro Sakurai / Vic Mignogna
- Dirk Eberwein: Tomokazu Sugita / Kaiji Tang
- Kyouko Yatsuzaki: Yuko Kaida / Johanna Luis
- Kouichiro Toudou: Unshou Ishizuka / Richard Epcar
Each of the two-disc Blu-ray volumes will feature six episodes with Japanese and English dialogue tracks, English and Spanish subtitles, bonus and web previews, packaging illustrated by character designer Tetsuya Kawakami, and clear cases with two-sided wraps. The first volume adds the textless versions of the opening, two endings, and prologue.
The standard edition of each volume will retail for US$74.98, discounted to US$59.98. The limited edition of each volume adds a soundtrack CD, deluxe booklet, and illustration postcards for US$114.98, discounted to US$89.98.
Aniplex describes the story:
Invertia--The astral catastrophe that annihilated many cities in the 20th century also gave birth to a new human race with special powers called the "Genestella." At the same time, the special element found within the meteors of Invertia facilitated humanity's technological advancement. At the academic-city above water Rikka, also known as “Asterisk,” students from each of the six schools at Asterisk prepare for the ultimate battle tournament – known as “Festa”. Seidoukan Academy's Ayato Amagiri takes up the challenge along with his partner Julis, a.k.a. Glühen Rose, the Witch of the Resplendent Flames. Ayato learns Julis has a big dream to achieve and decides to protect her to the end.
The anime adapts Yuu Miyazaki and okiura's The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk) light novel series. Aniplex of America licensed the first season which aired last fall and the second season which airs this spring. The series streams on Crunchyroll, the Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Daisuki, and Funimation.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history