News Funimation Licenses Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic Film for Screenings in Theaters This Year
posted on 2017-04-01 14:30 EDT
FUNimation Entertainment announced at its panel at Anime Boston on Saturday that it has licensed the Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic (Kuroshitsuji: Book of the Atlantic) anime film. The company plans to screen the film in a limited theatrical release in North America later this year.
Funimation describes the film:
Ciel Phantomhive and his demonic butler, Sebastian, are back! And this next case has Ciel and Sebastian treading some rough waters. Aboard the luxury liner Campania, the two investigate an illegal human experiment that involves resurrecting the dead. But the closer they get to the truth, the closer they are to their own deaths! Will this be their final case or will one hell of a butler keep them afloat?
- Daisuke Ono as Sebastian Michaelis
- Maaya Sakamoto as Ciel Phantomhive
- Yukari Tamura as Elizabeth Midford
- Junichi Suwabe as Undertaker
- Jun Fukuyama as Grelle Sutcliff
- Kenn as Ronald Knox
- Noriaki Sugiyama as William T. Spears
- Takuma Terashima as Snake
- Hiroki Touchi as Baldroy
- Yuuki Kaji as Finnian
- Emiri Katō as Mey-Rin
- Ryohei Kimura as Charles Grey
- Tomoaki Maeno as Charles Phipps
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Viscount of Druitt
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Edward Midford
- Kaito Ishikawa as Ryan Stoker
- Atsuko Tanaka as Francis Midford
- Jouji Nakata as Alexis Midford
Noriyuki Abe directed the anime at A-1 Pictures, and Hiroyuki Yoshino wrote the script. Minako Shiba designed the characters and served as chief animation director. Yasunori Mitsuda composed the music. The staff members all returned from the earlier Book of Circus and Book of Murder anime, and A-1 Pictures and Shiba have been involved in the franchise since the first Black Butler anime. SID performed the film's theme song "Glass no Hitomi" (Glass Eye).