News Live-Action Ajin Film's Teaser Trailer Streamed
posted on 2017-04-24 19:12 EDT
The official website for the upcoming live-action film based on Gamon Sakurai's Ajin: Demi-Human manga began streaming a teaser trailer on Tuesday. The video highlights the characters the characters and action scenes.
The film is slated to open in Japan on September 30.
The cast includes:
- Takeru Satoh as Kei Nagai (center left)
- Gou Ayano as Satō (center right), the antagonist and member of an ajin terrorist group that wants to befriend Kei
Left column, top to bottom:
- Tetsuji Tamayama as Yū Tosaki, a member of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare and Ajin Control Commission
- Rina Kawaei as Izumi Shimomura, an ajin who is Tosaki's secretary and bodyguard
- Minami Hamabe as Eriko Nagai, Kei's younger sister
Right column, top to bottom:
- Yuu Shirota Kōji Tanaka, a member of an ajin terrorist group
- Yudai Chiba as Okuyama, a member of an ajin terrorist group
- Yūki Yamada as Takahashi, a member of an ajin terrorist group
The film's setting will be Tokyo in 2017. In the film, Kei is a medical intern, with his age changed to match Satoh's.
Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass, Space Travelers, Bayside Shakedown) is directing the film. The live-action film project has invited the action filming team of the live-action Rurouni Kenshin films to work on the project.
In the original manga's story, an immortal first appeared on an African battlefield 17 years ago. Later, rare, unknown new immortal lifeforms began appearing among humans, and they became known as "Ajin" (demi-humans). Just before summer vacation, a Japanese high school student named Kei Nagai is instantly killed in a traffic accident on his way home from school. However, he is revived, and a price is placed on his head. Thus begins a boy's life on the run from all of humankind.