News Minoru Furuya's Wanitokagegisu Manga Gets Live-Action Series in July
posted on 2017-05-27 22:45 EDT
A live-action television series adaptation of Minoru Furuya's Wanitokagegisu manga has been green-lit. The series will premiere on TBS' "Teppen! Sui-Dora!!" programming block in July, and will air every Wednesday from 11:56 p.m. to 12:26 a.m. Toshio Tsuboi will direct the series, while Izumi Takahashi will pen the script.
The cast includes:
- Teppei Arita (right in picture right) as Yūji Tomioka
- Tsubasa Honda (left) as Azusa Handa
- Kento Kaku as Yūdai Hanabayashi
- Kaito Yoshimura as Isamu Amekawa
- Yasushi Fuchikami as Yōsuke Uehara
- Jun Murakami as Naoya Tōgane
- Ken Mitsuishi as Homeless Old Man
The manga centers around Yūji Tomioka, a security guard who decides that he has wasted his entire life, and makes an effort to make friends, and gets involved in various situations.
Sion Sono directed an award-winning live-action film adaptation of Furuya's Himizu manga in 2011. Furuya's Ping Pong Club manga received an anime adaptation in 1995, which Central Park Media released in North America. Furuya's Himeanōru manga inspired a live-action film adaptation in May 2016.
Source: Comic Natalie