News Live-Action Tokyo Ghoul Film Reveals New Visual, Stills
posted on 2017-05-31 11:40 EDT
The official website for the live-action film of Sui Ishida's Tokyo Ghoul manga revealed a new visual for the film on Wednesday. The visual is similar to a teaser visual revealed in April. The text on the previous visual and official website reads, "The only entity who knows of the two worlds of humans and ghouls."
The site also revealed five new stills from the film's set featuring the main cast.
The film's staff revealed an overseas poster for the film on Sunday.
The event starts on June 2 at 6:30 p.m. JST (5:30 a.m. EDT). The event will feature appearances by actor Masataka Kubota, director Kentarō Hagiwara, and original manga author Sui Ishida (Ishida's appearance will be by text through the internet). The event will show a special video for the film, and will also host a question and answer session. Fans can submit questions for the Q&A session from the YouTube chat function for the video.
- Masataka Kubota (live-action Death Note, Mars, Photo Braver 7 television series) as Ken Kaneki
- Fumika Shimizu as Tōka Kirishima
- Yuu Aoi (live-action Rurouni Kenshin's Megumi) as Rize Kamishiro<
- EXILE's Nobuyuki Suzuki as Kōtarō Amon
- Yo Oizumi (voice of Layton in the Professor Layton series) as Kureo Mado
- Kunio Murai (live-action Nobunaga Concerto) as Kuzen Yoshimura
- Kenta Hamano (live-action Moteki) as Enji Koma
- Nozomi Sasaki (One Piece Film Z) as Kaya Irimi
- Shuntarō Yanagi (live-action Crows Explode) as Renji Yomo
- Hiyori Sakurada (live-action Nigakute Amai) as Hinami Fueguchi
- Shōko Aida (The Case of Hana & Alice) as Ryōko Fueguchi
- Kai Ogasawara as Hideyoshi "Hide" Nagachika
- Kabuki actor Minosuke Bandō as Uta
The film will open in Japan on July 29.
Kentarō Hagiwara ("Super Star" short) is directing the film, and the production shot principal photography from last July to September. Masanori Morikawa, a Christian Dada designer and a fan of the original manga, designed the masks and costumes of the ghouls in the film.
Source: Comic Natalie