News Voltron: The Legendary Defender's 7-Episode Season 3 Premieres August 4, Season 4 in October (Updated With Trailer)
posted on 2017-07-20 14:39 EDT
The staff of DreamWorks Animation Television and Netflix's Voltron: Legendary Defender series announced at Comic-Con International on Thursday that the third season will be seven episodes and will premiere on August 4. The fourth season will premiere in October.
In addition, the staff announced that A.J. Locascio is voicing Prince Lotor, and introduced four half-galra female generals who support him.
The staff also shared a new trailer and the first episode of season three at the panel. The trailer implied that the Paladins will be using different lions in this season.
Team Voltron has been scattered throughout the universe in the aftermath of a perilous battle with Zarkon, Haggar and the evil Galra Empire. Working to bring the lions back together to form Voltron again, the Paladins' plan to defeat the Galra once and for all takes them across the universe in search of new worlds and unexpected allies.
The show's 11-episode first season premiered on Netflix June 2016, and features the following voice cast:
- Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead) as Keith
- Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time) as Lance
- Bex Taylor-Klaus (Arrow) as Pidge
- Josh Keaton (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) as Shiro (formerly "Sven")
- Tyler Labine (Tucker and Dale vs. Evil) as Hunk
- Kimberly Brooks (Mass Effect) as Princess Allura
- Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords) as Coran
- Neil Kaplan (Transformers: Robots in Disguise) as King Zarkon
The character known as Sven in the first Voltron television series was originally named Takashi Shirogane in King of Beasts Golion, the original anime series that was adapted as Voltron.
Thanks to Yoshiko Tsunehara for the news tip.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history