News New Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters Anime Series to Air in Fall
posted on 2017-09-06 00:35 EDT
TV Tokyo announced on Wednesday that it will begin airing a new anime series based on the Sylvanian Families toy line on October 7. The 12-episode show will also stream on TV Tokyo's Net mo Teletō site, as well as on TVer and TV Tokyo's AniTele service. The series will debut a new six-minute episode every Saturday. Shogakukan Music & Digital Entertainment is animating the series.
The cast includes:
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Chocolate Usagi-chan (rabbit)
- Nozomi Furuki as Kurumi ("walnut") Risu-kun (squirrel)
- Arisa Date as Silk Neko-chan (cat)
- Shiho Kawaragi as Toy Poodle-chan
- Rei Shimoda as Kuma-kun (bear)
- Hibiku Yamamura as Shima ("striped") Neko-kun
- Sumire Uesaka as Shima Neko-chan
- Yū Serizawa as Chocolate Usagi no Danshi
- Tokuyoshi Kawashima as Chocolate Usagi's father
- Kana Asumi as Chocolate Usagi's mother
- Hidenari Ugaki as Kuma's father
- Kiyonobu Suzuki as Chocolate Usagi's grandfather
- Kei Kobayashi as Chocolate Usagi's grandmother
The story takes place in a village called Sylvania, and centers on Chocolate Usagi-chan, Kurumi Risu-kun, and their friends and families.
Japanese company Epoch created the original toy line in 1985. The franchise inspired a 1987 American animated series, as well as 1998 British stop-motion animated series. It also inspired a three-episode Japanese CG anime video series (with a different voice cast from the upcoming series) in 2007. In the United States, the franchise is also known as Calico Critters.
Update: Anime studio information added. Source: Animate Times
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history