Press Releases - December 2004
- MomoCon 2005 press release ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces Voice Guests ()
- ADV Films Announces Release of Three Titles in High Definition Format ()
- MTAC Registration Price Tier Change ()
- New Anime Magazine for Girls Hits Newsstands ()
- It's A Super-Premiere-Filled January on Kids' WB! ()
- CPM Announces March Releases ()
- CPM Announces Cyber City Final Collection ()
- 'Big Animation Magazine' debuts in March of 2005 ()
- Dark Horse February Releases ()
- VIZ Releases two-volume Inuyasha Ani-Manga ()
- The Anime Network Announces Brand New Website ()
- CPM March Manga Releases ()
- Be Beautiful Releases Ayano Yamane's Finder Series ()
- eigoMANGA Broadcasts Japanese Pop Music Television Show ()
- Viz Announces Shonen Jump Advanced ()
- Japan-A-Radio Renews 'Unwound' for a Second Season ()
- UK Anime Con 'AyaCon Five' Announces Dates, Venue ()
- Kids' WB! Ratings ()
- Metrocon releases new dates and location for 2005 ()
- VIZ To Release Legendz and Dr. Slump Manga in 2005 ()
- Anime Overdose Confirms Yuriko Fuchizaki and Other Guests ()
- VIZ Announces New Anime Titles for First Quarter of 2005 ()
- CMX To Publish 5 New Manga ()
- Scopedog Nominated for 2004 Toy of the Year ()
- Yuricon announces Japan's first yuri-only event ()
- VIZ Announces Four New Shojo Manga Titles for Q1 of 2005 ()
- International Channel Acquires Anime Titles ()
- Megacon 2005's Indy Film Expo To Benefit ACTOR Comic Fund ()
- Four Viz shoujo titles slated for an early 2005 release ()
- Final Fantasy Music Tour ()
- Anime Network Inks Linear Deal with Buckeye ()
- Lady Death: The Motion Picture is Number One For October ()
- Anime South Convention ()
- Kids' WB! December Release ()
- Infinity Studios Announces Zippy Ziggy ()
- Infinity Studios Announced Fighting!! Guidance ()
- A Lost Paradise Within Chaos ()
- Kids' WB!'s Wish-Filled Holiday Season ()
- Numa rei no con announces guests confirmed ()
- ADV Films Announces Addition of Theatrical Section on Company Homepage ()
- Tokyopop and Gravity Give Fans Free Ragnarok Online Trial ()
- DAZ Productions Unveils 3D Anime/Manga Product ()
- ADV Toys to Exhibit at American International Toy Fair 2005 ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Sex Ward ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boogiepop and Others ()
- ADV Films Announces January 4 Release Dates ()
- The Anime Network: Anime Call to Arms ()
- Latest Japanese Dating-Sim "Hitomi - My Stepsister" Available ()
- Online Animation Auction Goes Live ()
- First Round of Guests Announced for Anime Boston 2005 ()
- Newtype USA December Issue ()
- ADV Films Announces Anime ADVocates ()
- ADV Films Announces December 28 Release of Samurai X: Reflection Director's Cut ()
- Special Edition "Ghost in the Shell" ()
- ADV Films Announces December 28 Releases ()
- Ohayocon Updates ()
Sometimes your first kiss is magical, but if you're an anime character, this adolescent milestone can get too weird for comfort. Here are six first kisses that the smoochers might want to forget. ― A first kiss can be a special, a treasured moment shared between two romantic partners. Or it can be haphazardly stolen by some jerk trying to one-up his friend or caused by a pratfall down a flight of st...
My Monster Secret kicks into high gear with a pair of wild rambling adventures in its fifth volume. Nick Creamer digs into the action. ― The last two volumes of My Monster Secret have seen the manga drifting through a variety of chapter-length adventures, before settling into the more long-form and ultimately satisfying trip to Shiragami's parents' house. In light of the events of volume five, it see...
Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and more. ― ANNCast Episode 300 - Rumiko Talkahashi Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Y...
We're not used to smash hit anime coming from China, but they have a bonafide success in The King's Avatar - here's everything you need to know about the phenomenon. ― It seems fair to say that every country has its own basic style or flavor of animation. When we think of Asian animated works, most of us go immediately to anime, the Japanese variant, and it certainly is among the most prevalent and a...
Ten years before Princess Elizabeth set out to find Meliodas and the other Sins, her older sister Margaret and Gilthunder struggle to keep a terrible secret in this prequel to The Seven Deadly Sins. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If you're a casual fan of Nakaba Suzuki's manga The Seven Deadly Sins or its anime adaptation, you should be aware that this novel is intended to be read either after the...
just for fun
Attack on Titan races up the charts as the Spring anime season closes out! How did your favorite anime fare in our weekly user rankings? ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
Dustin goes a few rounds with Nintendo's noodle-armed fighting game for the Switch just in time for the summer. PLUS: Konami controversy, Rap Rabbit's demise, Sega Forever and more! ― Even covering it from the comfort of a home office, the sheer volume of E3 was positively exhausting. My heart goes out to the poor writers in the trenches, and even more to the poor fans who paid money for the mostly u...
Is this slice of life comedy about convenience store candy a sugar rush worth indulging, or is it just as frivolously forgettable as its subject matter? Nick Creamer finds out. ― Anime has already offered us long-running dramas about baking bread and entire franchises predicated on idols fighting interstellar wars, so it's tough to be surprised by basically any premise these days. Slice of life in pa...
Ever since one Pokemon episode caused an unanticipated medical emergency, there have been viewer warnings in front of many anime on TV. Why are they starting to go away now? ― Chris asks: Back in the day, after that infamous episode of Pokémon gave viewers seizures, many anime would start with an on-screen warning to watch with the lights on and at a safe distance from the TV. A bunch of my late-90'...
Your complete guide to through the best (and the worst) theatrical feature films the Gundam franchise has to offer. ― Spanning 38 years of giant robot battle action and space opera drama, the Gundam franchise has remained hugely popular. It is also, to put it simply, huge. Between TV series, OVAs, and movies, hundreds of hours of anime bearing the Gundam name has been produced. It's a lot to take in,...
Have no fear, for the Limited Edition blu-ray of My Hero Academia is here! Nick Creamer revisits the strengths and weaknesses of this first season alongside its extras-packed home release. ― Debuting just three years ago, My Hero Academia has swiftly become one of the headline manga of Shounen Jump, a rip-roaring adventure elevated by strong art, charming characters, and consistent mastery of battle ...