Press Releases - June 2005
- CPM Acquires Otaku Unite ()
- Tokyopop Announces Takuhai ()
- Bandai Games' Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam for PlayStation 2 Ships to Retail Stores ()
- Bandai Entertainment Welcomes Anime Fans to Anime Expo ()
- JAST USA Licenses Yin-Yang ()
- The Comics Journal enters the world of Shoujo Manga ()
- Ahn No Eun at Comic Con ()
- Toshokan Fest Returns to the Lane Libraries ()
- ADV Presents Yugo the Negotiator and Top Korean Comedy ()
- ADV July 19 Releases ()
- Sakura-Con 2006 Press Release ()
- Cartoon Network at Comic-Con ()
- ADV Deploys Area 88 July 19 ()
- New DVD: Ghost SAC Vol. 7 - July 26 ()
- FUNimation Awards Case Closed Master Toy License to Southern Island ()
- Viz Media Licenses Naruto to Bandai for Video Game ()
- ADV: Elfen Lied, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Place Promised July 12 ()
- CPM Shows The Future As It Has Never Been Seen Before ()
- Naruto at Hot Topic ()
- FUNimation Awards Case Closed Toy License to Southern Island ()
- Viewtiful Joe on Kids'WB ()
- Manga to Join in on UMD releaess ()
- Lerach Coughlin Announces Class Action Lawsuit ()
- Joy Tashian To Represent Toei's Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo ()
- Takara USA Launches New Line of Japanese Pop-Culture Dolls ()
- Arc The Lad: End of Darkness Arrives on Store Shelves ()
- Anime Crash at Lima 2005 ()
- Otogi Zoshi Band to Perform in NY ()
- CPM Makes Classics Affordable ()
- ADV Films Announced 'Super Tuesday' July 5 ()
- EigoManga Publications Are Certified Collectibles ()
- ADV Announces June 28 Releases ()
- Square-Enix Ships Fullmetal Alchemis 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir on July 12 ()
- ADV Kicks Off Summer With DARK WATER, Loads of New Anime & Sci-Fi ()
- MIND GAME to premiere at the NY Asian Film Festival ()
- CPM Lowers Patlabor Price ()
- Reed Exhibitions Announces New York Comic-Con ()
- Anime Expo 2005 Announces Guests ()
- CHUM Television Announces Razer ()
- VIZ Media to Debut Live Action Film Kamikaze Girls ()
- Funimation and UGO to send One Contest Winner to AX ()
- World of Anime on Podcast to present Japan Video's Anime Top 10s ()
- Anime Expo Announces Kotoko ()
- Anchor Bay to distribute Manga Entertainment in Canada ()
- AX Announces Zero Tolerance for Working Weapons ()
- Geneon Anime Festival at Anime Expo to Feature KOTOKO Concert ()
- Viz Launches Fiction Imprints ()
- Tokyopop Announces .hack//AI Buster ()
- MTAC Announces Home For 2006 Gathering - "MTAC 6th Period" ()
- Bandai Games Announces Digimon World 4 ()
- New York Asian Film Festival Schedule ()
- Anime Weekend Atlanta announces its guest list ()
- Tokyopop Transports Readers to Bizeghast ()
- Dark Horse to Publish Harlequin Manga ()
- Appleseed Sales Surpass Expectations ()
- Bandai Announces Ghost in the Shell: SAC for PSP ()
- Be Beautiful Announces Kizuna Anime Volume 1 ()
- CPM to Release Patlabor Conclusion ()
- Newtype USA June Issue ()
- NOW is Back! ()
Mike devours the Sound! Euphonium and Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels and then can't help but compare them to their anime adaptations? Which is better: the book or the movie? ― You can tell what a big anime nerd I am because of all of the books I've been reading lately. Just in the past couple of months, I've killed off the first of Hayao Miyazaki's essential two-part essay collection, Starting ...
Shy Yamada falls for school track star Kase-san in the first volume of this sugary-sweet yuri series. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― In the increasingly diverse world of English-language yuri, Hiromi Takashima's Kase-san and Morning Glories stands out as particularly adorable. While it shares some themes with Milk Morinaga's Secret of the Princess in terms of wondering if having a lesbian relat...
Sometimes your first kiss is magical, but if you're an anime character, this adolescent milestone can get too weird for comfort. Here are six first kisses that the smoochers might want to forget. ― A first kiss can be a special, a treasured moment shared between two romantic partners. Or it can be haphazardly stolen by some jerk trying to one-up his friend or caused by a pratfall down a flight of st...
My Monster Secret kicks into high gear with a pair of wild rambling adventures in its fifth volume. Nick Creamer digs into the action. ― The last two volumes of My Monster Secret have seen the manga drifting through a variety of chapter-length adventures, before settling into the more long-form and ultimately satisfying trip to Shiragami's parents' house. In light of the events of volume five, it see...
Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and more. ― ANNCast Episode 300 - Rumiko Talkahashi Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Y...
We're not used to smash hit anime coming from China, but they have a bonafide success in The King's Avatar - here's everything you need to know about the phenomenon. ― It seems fair to say that every country has its own basic style or flavor of animation. When we think of Asian animated works, most of us go immediately to anime, the Japanese variant, and it certainly is among the most prevalent and a...
Ten years before Princess Elizabeth set out to find Meliodas and the other Sins, her older sister Margaret and Gilthunder struggle to keep a terrible secret in this prequel to The Seven Deadly Sins. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If you're a casual fan of Nakaba Suzuki's manga The Seven Deadly Sins or its anime adaptation, you should be aware that this novel is intended to be read either after the...
just for fun
Attack on Titan races up the charts as the Spring anime season closes out! How did your favorite anime fare in our weekly user rankings? ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
Dustin goes a few rounds with Nintendo's noodle-armed fighting game for the Switch just in time for the summer. PLUS: Konami controversy, Rap Rabbit's demise, Sega Forever and more! ― Even covering it from the comfort of a home office, the sheer volume of E3 was positively exhausting. My heart goes out to the poor writers in the trenches, and even more to the poor fans who paid money for the mostly u...
Is this slice of life comedy about convenience store candy a sugar rush worth indulging, or is it just as frivolously forgettable as its subject matter? Nick Creamer finds out. ― Anime has already offered us long-running dramas about baking bread and entire franchises predicated on idols fighting interstellar wars, so it's tough to be surprised by basically any premise these days. Slice of life in pa...