Press Releases - November 2005
- Ohayocon 2006 Final Guests ()
- Infinity Studios Licenses Sirius Wars ()
- Right Stuf Releases "Must Have" Anime for the Holidays ()
- 852-Page Guide to Drawing Anime Published by Blogging Community ()
- Outlanders DVD Debut in February ()
- New Manga UMDS December 6th ()
- Right Stuf Announces - Boys Be 1 ()
- DramaQueen Announces Two New Titles ()
- Gonzo's Solty Rei Supports Akihabara Tour ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Rxxx! ()
- DramaQueen at Ohayocon 2006 ()
- EigoManga Launches a Two-City Comic Book Concert Event ()
- Viz and Tokyopop Partner in Germany ()
- CPM Drops Price on Yu Yu Hakusho Movie to $9.99 ()
- New "Talismen" Series Weds Manga with American Comics ()
- Llamacon 2006 Announces New Guests ()
- MTAC Welcomes Caitlin Glass to 2006 Guest Lineup ()
- American Writer Goes Japanese with "Ita: Code of the Dragon" ()
- ALC Publishing cuts prices on 100% yuri manga for the Holidays ()
- CPM Announces Graphic Novel Slate for Early 2006 ()
- Matsuricon Offers Special Holiday Registrations ()
- Ten Films to Compete for Animated Feature Oscar ()
- Barbour Publishing Announces America's Premiere Insipirational Manga ()
- Anime Expo To Hold Blood Drives to Assist Red Cross ()
- ImaginAsian TV and Time Warner ()
- CPM Announced Record of Lodoss War Podcast and Repricing ()
- Right Stuf International Launches Anime Today Podcast ()
- Viz Names Mattel Master Toy Licensee for Naruto ()
- Critical Mass Prepares a Sultry Addition to the Acclaimed Vanilla Series ()
- Comic Book Movies and Ishimori Group to Jointly Develop Movies Based on Shotaro Ishinomori Manga ()
- CPM Announces New Director of Book Sales ()
- Anime Boston 2006 Announces First Round of Guests ()
- Viz Anime for the Holidays ()
- Anime Vegas Video Blog ()
- Shinden Trailer at Big Apple National Expo ()
- Tickets Required for M.O.V.E Concert at Anime USA ()
- Seven Seas to Publish Three Hit Webcomics ()
- MTAC “The Harajuku Winners” Giveaway ()
- ADV Announces Jan 3 Releases ()
- Rinkya Bid with Confidense ()
- Infinity Studios New Website Features ()
- All Rise for Juror 13 ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Posts 3rd Quarter Results ()
- Viz Holiday Season Offerings ()
- It's Fuccon Time ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First American Guest ()
- Anime South 2005 Schedule and Hotel Room Block ()
- Matsuricon Brings Unique Blend of Japanese Culture to Central Ohio ()
- IMAF 2005 Cmopetition Winners ()
- Turner Classic Movies Spotlight Miyazaki ()
- DMP Announces Four New Yaoi Manga ()
- Kimba the White Lion Set for Definitive Release ()
- Be Beautiful Announces 4 New Yaoi Manga ()
- Protoculture Addicts Issue 86 Shipping This Week ()
- 4Kids Home Video Debuts Yu-Gi-Oh! Volume 4.1 on DVD ()
- Viz Names Mattel as Master Toy Licensee for Zatch Bell ()
- Peelander-Z Mini-Tour Sponsored by AnimeNext ()
The world-famous composer behind the music of Silent Hill discusses his long career making scary games scarier, along with his latest, the score for Let It Die. ― Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka, renowned for his work on Silent Hill's soundtrack, attended this year's Granada FicZone. He's also credited for many other video game scores such as Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer Is De...
An ancient Fire Emblem game from the depths of the Famicom library gets resurrected on the 3DS - but is it worth your time? PLUS: Mario's got a gun, Netflix for games and much more! ― If you've followed this column for a while, you've probably noticed that I've got a taste for a lot of the games Nintendo puts out. Yet I've never delved deep into Fire Emblem. I played the first Western release when it...
This princess is more interested in actually ruling and political intrigue than finding a prince in this first volume of Aya Shirosaki's shoujo manga. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Gleam is the second manga release from e-publisher Cross Infinite World (the first being Little Hero), and a totally different bird from their usual fare. Where before all of their series featured ordinary girls bei...
just for fun
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki - The Eccentric Family slides into #1! See how your favorite shows fared in our weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these ra...
Anime on bluray sometimes looks very different from the way we might remember it - Justin explains how it's a little less scientific than we might think. ― Stanley asks: I have a technical question about Blu-ray transfers, particularly the film to Blu-Ray ones. I've been starting up a Blu-Ray collection recently and was looking at some comparison screenshots from a lot of classic anime titles and fi...
After 25 years of OVAs and spinoffs, is there "no need for Tenchi" after all? Theron Martin runs down the franchise history and what still stands out after so many other harem series have come and gone. ― When it comes to convoluted anime franchises, few short of Gundam can rival the endurance of the Tenchi Muyo! franchise. Over the course of 25 years, it has spawned two main 26-episode TV series, th...
This series brings the gore, sex, and action at full volume, but does it have enough substance to balance out the madness? Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― Murciélago, which is Spanish for “bat,” is definitely one of the darker stories to come out recently. It follows the gruesome, and occasionally sexy, adventures of Kuroko Koumori, a slightly-reformed mass murderer as she works for the Metropolitan P...
Nick and Micchy have a lot to chew on this week as the tension ramps up in everything from Re:Creators to My Hero Academia, and even Boruto and The Eccentric Family! Plus, just what the heck is Heybot, anyway? ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From One Piece to The Promised Neverland, he's the man to talk...
just for fun
Going to comic-con is EXTREMELY serious business - at least, according to Perry. ―
Appearing on Netflix at the same time as its theatrical premiere, this sci fi thriller from Polygon Pictures boasts more flair than bite. Theron Martin has the details. ― With Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga being adapted into a CG anime series, it's no wonder that there would be interest in adapting his earliest project: the 1998 cyberpunk manga Blame! Although it was adapted into a series ...
You see it all the time in anime - the radio plays simple instructions and folks gather to do some basic calisthenics. Is that really a thing in Japan? ― Matt asks: Anime often depict radio calisthenics as something geared toward children or older people, but everyone always appears aware of what it is. Are radio calisthenics as ubiquitous as they appear? And what made them so popular? Radio Taisou,...
Gabriella Ekens discovers pleasant surprises and wicked twists from this CG adaptation of the popular thriller manga, and Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases! ― With the latest season of Natsume's Book of Friends earning high marks, I decided it was finally time to give the series a try. I'm watching it from the beginning, so I'm a few episodes into the first season as I write this. I'...
An entire classroom is transported to another world in this isekai series, and its protagonist must go about getting superpowers the hard way. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If there's one thing that sets Arifureta apart from its fellow isekai stories, it's that in this case, an entire high school class is transported to another world, not just one lucky young individual. Not only does this make t...