Press Releases - February 2006
- Animation Runner Kuromi 2 in Stores May 9 ()
- Newtype USA March Issue ()
- Kosaikon and Zentrancon announce plans to merge ()
- 13th Annual Houston Japan Festival ()
- Yamato USA - Megazone 23 - 1/15 Garland ()
- Anime Vegas Convention Set For Labor Day Weekend 2006 ()
- Funimation Acquires Afro Samurai ()
- Tokyopop to Release Hellgate: London Manga ()
- Tokyopop Presents a Deep Exploration into the Weightier Issues of Life ()
- ADV Announces Sixth Gatchaman Box Set ()
- Case Closed Joins Bionix ()
- Erica Friedman, founder of Yuricon, to speak at University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Two New Titles ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be... DVD 3 ()
- Kawaii Kon Announces Yoko Ishida ()
- JoyRide announces convention exclusive for Fullmetal Alchemist TCG ()
- Lime Manga launches at NYC Comic-con ()
- Genvid Announces Sailor Moon based Tour of Tokyo ()
- New Alice in Wonderland ()
- Anime Punch Announces Musical Guests ()
- Oni-Con 2006 Announced ()
- MS Saga: A New Dawn Ships to Stores ()
- Realbuzz Announce The Release of Three New Manga Series ()
- Udon at New York Comic Con ()
- U.S. Broadcast Debut of Akira Kurosawa's Samurai 7 ()
- Sakura-Con announces two new guests of honor ()
- MTAC Announces !0th and Final Guest ()
- Toon Radio acquires Anime Genesis ()
- Bemmu.com provides free manga for scanlators ()
- Right Stuf Unleashes Anime Today Episode 8 ()
- Viz Media Debuts Shojo Beat Home Video Line ()
- MatsuriCon Guest Announcements and More ()
- MTAC 2006 Overflow Hotels, 2007 Venues AND Dates and Volunteer Updates ()
- Viz Media Launches Five New Shojo Manga Titles ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG: Artificial Human releases today ()
- Yuri Manga "Rica 'tte Kanji!?" to be used in Brandeis U. Anthropology course ()
- Anime Expo 2006 announces official host hotels ()
- Anime on DVD Best Manga Awards for 2005 ()
- Pokemon Kicks Off 10th Anniversary Worldwide ()
- Tokyopop Renews Distribution Deal with CDS ()
- Bandai Entertainment to Publish Top Cow Titles in Manga Format ()
- Dragonball Returns to Cartoon Network ()
- CPM Selected to Represent US Anime Industry at TAF-NY ()
- Experts Added to NYComic-Con ICv2 Panels ()
- Gatchaman Cast at Alamo Screening ()
- Airborne Entertainment Brings Robotech to Mobile Phones ()
- Free Nancy Drew Valentine: High Tech Nancy Drew In New American Anime Style For Tweens 8-14 ()
- Announcing Otaku University, an anime conference ()
- NYComicCon Announces Screenings & Sneak Preview ()
- AMN and Anime Advanced Announce Anime Game Demo Downloads ()
- Mikonomicon To Feature Voice Actor Workshop by Jonathan Klein ()
- Win 20 Books from Stone Bridge Press at the New York Comic-Con! ()
- CPM to Re-Release Utena: The Black Rose Saga ()
- Digital Manga Publishing to Start a New Yaoi Imprint ()
- Navarre 3rd Quarter Results ()
- iTradeAnime.com Launches ()
- Sensei's Trial tournament series announced for FMA TCG ()
- Frederik L. Schodt Book Signings ()
- Kappa Mikey Premieres on Nicktoons February 25 ()
- eigoManga and Devils Due Publishing Release Sakura Pakk Digest ()
- Tokyopop Announces the Evolution of Princess Ai ()
- NY Comic-Con Programming LIVE on WEB ()
- Stone Bridge Press announces second edition of The Anime Encyclopedia ()
- New Anime Costuming Book - Cosplay: Catgirls and Other Critters ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Anyone You Can Do I Can Do Better! ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be... DVD 2! ()
- ADV Announces April 4 Titles ()
- CMX to Publish Oyayubihime Infinity and VS. in 2006 ()
- Shinichiro Watanabe at the Detroit Film Theater ()
- American Culture Through a Japanese Lens: A Discussion with Shinichiro Watanabe ()
In anime, you often see people brewing coffee using unique, single-cup methods - are coffee machines just not that common in Japan? Justin's got the answer. ― Alvin asks: I noticed that in many anime series, characters are depicted brewing coffee either by pouring hot water over the grounds in paper filters or using instant coffee in homes and shops, including coffee shops. Are coffee brewing machin...
An in-depth look about what Vanquish and Bayonetta - newly resurrected in shiny PC ports - say about the legacy of the legendary company that birthed them, PlatinumGames. ― In certain ways, the story of PlatinumGames is a tragedy. Founded in 2009 by ex-Capcom developers whose credits include the likes of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Okami, the goal of the new company was to escape that corporate...
Paul gets a faceful of '80s action with Crusher Joe and runs down all this week's new anime releases from Haruhi Suzumiya to Umaru-chan! ― After avoiding the bandwagon for as long as possible, I finally played a bit of Overwatch last weekend. I had some fun, I have a better understanding of why people love it, and holy moly I'm terrible at it. More power to anyone who has the reaction time and teamw...
The second season of this charming fairytale romance finally comes to Blu-Ray! Theron Martin details what makes this particular shojo adaptation so special. ― The second season of Snow White with the Red Hair aired during the Winter 2016 season, covering episodes 13-24. Given the firm declaration of commitment from Zen near the end of the previous season and Shirayuki's generally secure position as a...
Mike picks over the bones of the Hollywood Ghost in the Shell, catalogs the best adaptations so far, and wonders where live-action anime might go after this. ― This year's convention season is rockin' and rollin'. This week, I'm on show number three of 2017, enjoying the sights and sounds of Anime North up in Toronto. I come up to Canada for this show, and it's always an interesting time. I admire Ca...
Food Wars is still going strong as the Polaris Dorm gets ready to take on Azami Nakiri's corrupt new administration. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― There is rarely a dull moment in Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki's Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma manga, and while there's a small breather between storylines of this volume, the action is as intense as ever despite the climbing volume numbers. This eight...
Being surrounded by sexy love interests might seem like paradise to some, but one fan's heaven is another fan's hell. Here are seven harems with no good apples to choose from! ― Harem anime is a well-established romance sub-genre, and while most incarnations these days put our hero into a magical world outside of his own, romance options have spanned trains, transforming soda cans, and potential lit...
UQ Holder’s ninth volume makes the most of its prolonged training arc material. Nick Creamer weighs the pros and cons of Ken Akamatsu's latest series. ― UQ Holder has always been an inherently strange shounen property. With its focus on a team of heroes who are all gifted with some form of immortality, the manga has at time had trouble offering compelling opponents for its protagonists. And main char...
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...