Press Releases - March 2006
- Eureka 7 Online, AnimeVillage.com Returns ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Pre-Releases ()
- Adult Swim Unveils 2006 Programming Slate at New York Upfront ()
- Ai-Kon 2006 weekend passes on sale April 1 ()
- Media Blasters to Release Voltron ()
- MatsuriCon Forced to Move Hotels ()
- April Issue of Newtype USA Features First Look at Blood+ Anime ()
- Free Ohio Anime Convention: Animarathon ()
- Anime Punch! announces musical and industry guests ()
- uclick and TOKYOPOP's New Mobile Manga Application Delivers Manga to Go ()
- Dramatic Ninja Epic to Come to the United States ()
- The Eminence Symphony Orchestra presents Piano Stories III ()
- MatsuriCon Final Guest Announcements ()
- New Titles for Fall 2006 from Stone Bridge Press ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Two New Titles ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be 4 ()
- Wasabi Animusical Sequel Scheduled for JACON 2006 ()
- Kaiju Big Battel to perform at Anime Boston 2006 ()
- Haré+Guu Volume 3 Available June 6 ()
- HarperCollins, Tokyopop Announce Co-Publishing, Sales and Distribution Agreement ()
- Anime Expo 2006 announces first guest of honor ()
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Special Screening ()
- Keiko Takemiya in Shojo Beat ()
- Anime Expo 2006 & AsiaVision Unite ()
- Digital Manga Inc. Launches Five New Yaoi Titles ()
- FUNimation Develops Syndicated Anime Programming Block Distributed by OlympuSAT ()
- CPM Offers Patlabor Series For $100 ()
- Score Entertainment Promotional Partnership with Jakks Pacific ()
- ADV Unveils Nanaka 6/17 on May 23 ()
- Image Entertainment Announces Patlabor Movie ()
- Dark Horse May comics / June trades ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates 10th Episode of Anime Today with New Elements ()
- ADV Announces May 16 Releases ()
- Witchblade to be animation and air on TV ()
- CPM, Ithaca College Announce Negadon Academic Screening ()
- Anime Festival Orlando 7 Announces First Confirmed Guests ()
- Metrocon guest announcements ()
- Sakura-Con Announces New Guests of Honor including Camino ()
- Hideo Nakata's Curse, Death & Spirit Available Now ()
- Yasunori Mitsuda is coming to Chicago ()
- Exclusive interview with Kazuo Koike on darkhorse.com ()
- ADV Launches Michel May 9 ()
- Viz Media Named Master Licensor for Bleach ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results ()
- Time Lag licensed by DMP ()
- ADV Announces May 2 Releases ()
- Watcon geek mini-convention in Waterloo, Ontario ()
- New Metrocon Vendor Signup System ()
- Yamato Introduces New Line of Collectibles Highlighting the Talents of Japan's Leading Sculptors ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG: A Hero's Passing expansion set ()
- Momocon 2006 guests ()
- Jacon 2006 Guests ()
- Adult Source Media Announces Daiakuji #7 ()
- ADV Announces April 25 Releases ()
- More Protoculture Addicts eBooks ()
- Japan-A-Radio celebrates Episode 100 of the Weekend Blastoff ()
- Mark Akin Releases New Electronic CD ()
- Toronto AnimeCon lands Premiere of Animation Runner Kuromi 2 ()
- DramaQueen Announces New Title ()
- The world's first documentary on anime fandom comes to DVD ()
- Manitoba's Largest Anime Event Seeks New Mascot Design ()
- XSeed Games Ships Shadow Hearts: From the New World ()
- USA Today's Top 150 Best Seller List Features Naruto at #29 ()
- Con Text A Breakthrough in Convention Exhibitor Promotions ()
- Namco Bandai's One Piece: Pirates' Carnival" To Set Sail This Spring ()
- Miyazaki Movies Come to Toonami ()
- Viz Wraps Doraemon in Ferrero Chocolate for Latin American Consumers ()
- Go Comi Announces Two New Manga Series ()
- TRSI Announces Episode 9 of Anime Today Podcast ()
- Sakura-Con Guests ()
- Atlus U.S.A. Announces "Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation" for the Game Boy Advance ()
- CPM Unveils Negadon Contest, Website, Trailer and Screening ()
- Now Shipping From Yamato USA ()
- AnimeNext 2006 Hotel Sold Out ()
- Organic Releases Kaiyodo's "REVOLTECH Series” ()
- Anime Expo 2006 Pre-Reg Open ()
- Manga Announces Cast for Karas ()
- Funimation Entertainment and Sabella Dern Entertainment Launch Funimation Films ()
- Cosplayers and Anime Fans Wanted for Cosplay-a-thon in Irving, Tx ()
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
You see it in the credits of anime blurays and DVDs all the time - but what does "video post-production" actually entail? Justin has the answer. ― Craig asked: Just finished watching the third Berserk film, The Advent and in the credits I saw your name. for Video post production. What exactly do you do in terms of post production(clean up, video/audio compression, restoration?)? Do all companies who...
Paul Jensen takes a look at the long-awaited blu-ray of Kyoto Animation's unusual mystery series, along with a rundown of this week's new anime releases! ― I went to a screening of Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro last week. It was my first time seeing the movie, and I have to say it was a blast. If you're a Lupin fan or are interested in Hayao Miyazaki's early work as a director, it's definitely...
One of the most compelling adventures in the Haruhi saga finally arrives on Blu-ray! Nick Creamer takes a look at this uniquely engrossing film. ― After the madcap adventures and slapstick comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first two seasons, the anime series was capped off with a film unlike anything that had come before. Somber, slow-paced, and introspective, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya represent...
Mike's quest for unlicensed anime leads him to the strange case of "I Give My All", a racy OVA from the 80s that was very nearly released here... until it wasn't! ― As part of the work I do with the Discotek gang, I occasionally work on some cool shows that were once licensed, but never really released on video in the west—you know, the really good anime, like Fighting Foodons. As the years pass, the...
The inimitable screenwriter behind Hanasaku Iroha, anohana, and Anthem of the Heart just released her autobiography. Kim Morrissy shares the recent director's enlightening story. ― Mari Okada recently became a topic of discussion when it was announced that she was directing an original anime film at P.A. Works. For many, this news came as a surprise, because unlike most anime directors, Okada has no ...
These episodic adventures of modern, everyday witches are charming if a little light on lasting impact. Theron Martin delves into Generation Witch. ― Witches as commonly portrayed in anime and manga – flying around on a broomstick sporting a long pointy hat – are decidedly a Western phenomenon, but that hasn't prevented them from popping up in Japanese media on a regular basis over the years. Generat...
School is back in session for the fall, but you'd better hope your new instructors aren't anything like these terrible tutors! ― It's the final week of summer, although most retail stores skipped straight to pumpkin season a few weeks ago. Deny it all you want, but the back-to-school grind is here which means notebooks, packed community college parking lots, and a handful of new instructors trying t...
Despite being a far-flung film prequel to its source material, No Game No Life Zero might just outshine the original TV series. Kim Morrissy breaks down what makes this movie shine. ― No Game No Life Zero isn't like the No Game No Life you've seen before. It takes all the interesting themes of the original TV series and peels away all the fanservice and frivolities, resulting in a tonally different n...