Press Releases - March 2006
- Eureka 7 Online, AnimeVillage.com Returns ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Pre-Releases ()
- Adult Swim Unveils 2006 Programming Slate at New York Upfront ()
- Ai-Kon 2006 weekend passes on sale April 1 ()
- Media Blasters to Release Voltron ()
- MatsuriCon Forced to Move Hotels ()
- April Issue of Newtype USA Features First Look at Blood+ Anime ()
- Free Ohio Anime Convention: Animarathon ()
- Anime Punch! announces musical and industry guests ()
- uclick and TOKYOPOP's New Mobile Manga Application Delivers Manga to Go ()
- Dramatic Ninja Epic to Come to the United States ()
- The Eminence Symphony Orchestra presents Piano Stories III ()
- MatsuriCon Final Guest Announcements ()
- New Titles for Fall 2006 from Stone Bridge Press ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Two New Titles ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be 4 ()
- Wasabi Animusical Sequel Scheduled for JACON 2006 ()
- Kaiju Big Battel to perform at Anime Boston 2006 ()
- Haré+Guu Volume 3 Available June 6 ()
- HarperCollins, Tokyopop Announce Co-Publishing, Sales and Distribution Agreement ()
- Anime Expo 2006 announces first guest of honor ()
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Special Screening ()
- Keiko Takemiya in Shojo Beat ()
- Anime Expo 2006 & AsiaVision Unite ()
- Digital Manga Inc. Launches Five New Yaoi Titles ()
- FUNimation Develops Syndicated Anime Programming Block Distributed by OlympuSAT ()
- CPM Offers Patlabor Series For $100 ()
- Score Entertainment Promotional Partnership with Jakks Pacific ()
- ADV Unveils Nanaka 6/17 on May 23 ()
- Image Entertainment Announces Patlabor Movie ()
- Dark Horse May comics / June trades ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates 10th Episode of Anime Today with New Elements ()
- ADV Announces May 16 Releases ()
- Witchblade to be animation and air on TV ()
- CPM, Ithaca College Announce Negadon Academic Screening ()
- Sakura-Con Announces New Guests of Honor including Camino ()
- Hideo Nakata's Curse, Death & Spirit Available Now ()
- Anime Festival Orlando 7 Announces First Confirmed Guests ()
- Metrocon guest announcements ()
- Yasunori Mitsuda is coming to Chicago ()
- Exclusive interview with Kazuo Koike on darkhorse.com ()
- ADV Launches Michel May 9 ()
- Viz Media Named Master Licensor for Bleach ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results ()
- Time Lag licensed by DMP ()
- ADV Announces May 2 Releases ()
- Watcon geek mini-convention in Waterloo, Ontario ()
- New Metrocon Vendor Signup System ()
- Yamato Introduces New Line of Collectibles Highlighting the Talents of Japan's Leading Sculptors ()
- ADV Announces April 25 Releases ()
- More Protoculture Addicts eBooks ()
- Japan-A-Radio celebrates Episode 100 of the Weekend Blastoff ()
- Mark Akin Releases New Electronic CD ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG: A Hero's Passing expansion set ()
- Momocon 2006 guests ()
- Jacon 2006 Guests ()
- Adult Source Media Announces Daiakuji #7 ()
- Toronto AnimeCon lands Premiere of Animation Runner Kuromi 2 ()
- DramaQueen Announces New Title ()
- The world's first documentary on anime fandom comes to DVD ()
- Manitoba's Largest Anime Event Seeks New Mascot Design ()
- XSeed Games Ships Shadow Hearts: From the New World ()
- USA Today's Top 150 Best Seller List Features Naruto at #29 ()
- Con Text A Breakthrough in Convention Exhibitor Promotions ()
- Namco Bandai's One Piece: Pirates' Carnival" To Set Sail This Spring ()
- Miyazaki Movies Come to Toonami ()
- Viz Wraps Doraemon in Ferrero Chocolate for Latin American Consumers ()
- Go Comi Announces Two New Manga Series ()
- Sakura-Con Guests ()
- Atlus U.S.A. Announces "Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation" for the Game Boy Advance ()
- CPM Unveils Negadon Contest, Website, Trailer and Screening ()
- Now Shipping From Yamato USA ()
- TRSI Announces Episode 9 of Anime Today Podcast ()
- AnimeNext 2006 Hotel Sold Out ()
- Organic Releases Kaiyodo's "REVOLTECH Series” ()
- Anime Expo 2006 Pre-Reg Open ()
- Manga Announces Cast for Karas ()
- Funimation Entertainment and Sabella Dern Entertainment Launch Funimation Films ()
- Cosplayers and Anime Fans Wanted for Cosplay-a-thon in Irving, Tx ()
You see it all the time in anime - the radio plays simple instructions and folks gather to do some basic calisthenics. Is that really a thing in Japan? ― Matt asks: Anime often depict radio calisthenics as something geared toward children or older people, but everyone always appears aware of what it is. Are radio calisthenics as ubiquitous as they appear? And what made them so popular? Radio Taisou,...
Gabriella Ekens discovers pleasant surprises and wicked twists from this CG adaptation of the popular thriller manga, and Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases! ― With the latest season of Natsume's Book of Friends earning high marks, I decided it was finally time to give the series a try. I'm watching it from the beginning, so I'm a few episodes into the first season as I write this. I'...
An entire classroom is transported to another world in this isekai series, and its protagonist must go about getting superpowers the hard way. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If there's one thing that sets Arifureta apart from its fellow isekai stories, it's that in this case, an entire high school class is transported to another world, not just one lucky young individual. Not only does this make t...
We check back in with Asuna on the real-world side of things for the first time in the Alicization arc, as the mysteries behind this new virtual world begin to unravel. ― Whatever criticisms might be leveled against SAO creator Reki Kawahara, lack of ambition when it comes to imagining applications for virtual technology isn't one of them. The Soul Transfer Engine that was introduced in the last nove...
See the talents at PiLi and Nitroplus show off their amazing puppetry from this year's Sakura-Con, as they answer our questions about the future of Thunderbolt Fantasy! ― This year, Sakuracon brought over the folks behind Thunderbolt Fantasy, 2016's fantasy adventure series about chivalry, puppets, and swords. This show was the wider world's introduction to PiLi, the superstar Taiwanese film studio k...
Sometimes it takes a bad guy to do a good guy's job! These six anime heels embraced the glory of being hero for a day in this Classic edition of The List. ― This week is a repeat! Sometimes antagonists can turn a new leaf and become the anti-hero we all deserve. Take a look at these six examples. The heroes might be the stars of the show, but a work of fiction is really made by an awesome antagonist...
This scattered volume proves that basing a manga on a Vocaloid song might not be the best idea. Rebecca Silverman explains why. ― Like Kagerou Daze, Bad End Night is based on a Vocaloid song. Unfortunately, that appears to be a premise too thin for an entire volume of manga, much less a series, and this volume can't quite decide if it's a mystery, a spoof on the “bad endings” of visual novels, or sel...
Studio Ghibli hires animators for Spirited Away director's last feature ― Studio Ghibli posted a job recruitment notice for animators on director Hayao Miyazaki's "final" film on Friday. The studio is hiring in-between animators and background artists on a three-year contract starting on October 1. The notice emphasized that the film is "director Hayao Miyazaki's final feature animation film" due to ...
Justin Sevakis, Daryl Surat and Mike Toole reconvene to take on Berserk, Ghost in the Shell, retro anime rereleases and a whole bunch of your Twitter questions! ― ANNCast Episode 296 - Supernerds United Justin Sevakis, Daryl Surat and Mike Toole reconvene to take on Berserk, Ghost in the Shell, retro anime rereleases and a whole bunch of your Twitter questions! You can listen to the show on our play...
From the Wizard of Oz to Ronja the Robber's Daughter, anime has a long and proud history of taking classic children's books and making them WAY more interesting. ― By this point we're all familiar with the way anime and manga loves Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but as some of you may know, that's hardly the only western children's classic to be adapted for Japanese audiences. Anim...
The final volume of Void's Enigmatic Mansion is far from perfect, but with stunning art and a largely satisfying conclusion, it's still worth a look. Rebecca Silverman dives in. ― Whether it's a monkey's paw or a magic lamp, all stories about wishes remind us that a wish can be as much curse as gift. That's a theme that's been explored in all four previous volumes of HeeEun Kim and JiEun Ha's Victori...