Press Releases - August 2006
- ADV Announces New Ellcia Collection ()
- John Woo's Seven Brothers #1 to Feature Rare Metallic Editions ()
- Oni-Con, LLC Acquires Largest Guest List to Date ()
- MiS Productions, Japan-A-Radio Announce Third Season for 'Unwound' ()
- Anime Network Distribution Soars to 40 Million ()
- Organic Hobby Revoltech NGE Yongouki-Eva04 ()
- Anime USA Announces MAX As Musical GOH ()
- GDH to Release Animation Title on HD DVD ()
- GDH to Release Animation Title on Blu-ray Disc ()
- BART's Kids Ride Free Saturdays will End with Excitement ()
- Broccoli International Launches UART Mailing List ()
- Phoenix Anime Fest honors its new guest, Kaiju Big Battel ()
- Space at NY Comic Con Already at a Premium ()
- 4Kids TV Launches Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters ()
- DC Anime Club and APA Film Fest Team up for AMV Contest ()
- Viz Media Signs New Broadcast Deals in Latin America ()
- Madman Releases Hoop Days ()
- Studio ArtFX Releases Anime Genesis Podcast ()
- Bandai Warns Fansubbers Against Illegal Fansubs of Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society ()
- Madman Releases Baki the Grappler ()
- Right Stuf Launches Episode 21 of Anime Today ()
- Anime Pulse Podcast Wins Podcast Award for Best Cultural/Arts Podcast ()
- Voice Actor Boot Camp ()
- Metrocon 5 Dates Announced ()
- Metrocon: Amano's World ()
- Yuricon Announces 2007 "Yurisai" Event ()
- DrMaster Talks Junk ()
- Toonami Jetstream Delivers More Than 9.5 Million Video Streams Since July 14 Launch ()
- AAA Anime To Distribute Exclusive Ikki Tousen 'Kanu' PVC Figures ()
- Chad Storm wins first Fullmetal Alchemist TCG World Championship ()
- Stock Up on Action and Adventure ()
- Illumitoon Acquires AM Driver ()
- Solty Revant 5 ½” PVC Figure ()
- Ojamajo Doremi – Onpu-Chan 5 ½” PVC Figure ()
- AnimeNEXT 2007 to be Held July 6-8 ()
- Anime Vegas Convention 2006 Announces Final Guests Line-Up ()
- SPJA/Anime Expo Host The NIsei Week Costume Contest This Sunday ()
- Right Stuf Announces Ninja Nonsense 3 and New Thinpak Collections ()
- Yamato USA: SIF EX Ikki Tousen - Sonsaku ()
- Digital Manga Inc. announces new titles under its Juné imprint ()
- Infinity Studios, LLC Explores Unbalanced Love ()
- Anime Expo 2007 Dates ()
- Yamato USA - Creators' Labo: Burst Angel ()
- Nissan Gets Animated ()
- BART Announces the Return of Kids Ride Free Sponsored by Viz Media ()
- DramaQueen Announces New Yaoi & Manhwa Titles ()
- Capcom Companion Characters - 4” Mini Figure ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases the next two new figures as a part of Kaiyodo's “Revoltech Series" ()
- JoyRide Entertainment celebrates Gen Con with first Fullmetal Alchemist TCG World Championships ()
- Maid Café Collection Plus 2 ()
- FUNimation Acquires 'Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles' Feature Film from Harmony Gold ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First 2007 Guests ()
- Madman Releases Gundam Seed Destiny ()
- August Newtype USA loaded with anime exclusives ()
- Anime Vegas Hit Net With New Animated Commercial ()
- Madman August Boxset Blitz ()
Nick and Micchy have a lot to chew on this week as the tension ramps up in everything from Re:Creators to My Hero Academia, and even Boruto and The Eccentric Family! Plus, just what the heck is Heybot, anyway? ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From One Piece to The Promised Neverland, he's the man to talk...
just for fun
Going to comic-con is EXTREMELY serious business - at least, according to Perry. ―
Appearing on Netflix at the same time as its theatrical premiere, this sci fi thriller from Polygon Pictures boasts more flair than bite. Theron Martin has the details. ― With Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga being adapted into a CG anime series, it's no wonder that there would be interest in adapting his earliest project: the 1998 cyberpunk manga Blame! Although it was adapted into a series ...
You see it all the time in anime - the radio plays simple instructions and folks gather to do some basic calisthenics. Is that really a thing in Japan? ― Matt asks: Anime often depict radio calisthenics as something geared toward children or older people, but everyone always appears aware of what it is. Are radio calisthenics as ubiquitous as they appear? And what made them so popular? Radio Taisou,...
Gabriella Ekens discovers pleasant surprises and wicked twists from this CG adaptation of the popular thriller manga, and Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases! ― With the latest season of Natsume's Book of Friends earning high marks, I decided it was finally time to give the series a try. I'm watching it from the beginning, so I'm a few episodes into the first season as I write this. I'...
An entire classroom is transported to another world in this isekai series, and its protagonist must go about getting superpowers the hard way. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If there's one thing that sets Arifureta apart from its fellow isekai stories, it's that in this case, an entire high school class is transported to another world, not just one lucky young individual. Not only does this make t...
We check back in with Asuna on the real-world side of things for the first time in the Alicization arc, as the mysteries behind this new virtual world begin to unravel. ― Whatever criticisms might be leveled against SAO creator Reki Kawahara, lack of ambition when it comes to imagining applications for virtual technology isn't one of them. The Soul Transfer Engine that was introduced in the last nove...
See the talents at PiLi and Nitroplus show off their amazing puppetry from this year's Sakura-Con, as they answer our questions about the future of Thunderbolt Fantasy! ― This year, Sakuracon brought over the folks behind Thunderbolt Fantasy, 2016's fantasy adventure series about chivalry, puppets, and swords. This show was the wider world's introduction to PiLi, the superstar Taiwanese film studio k...
Sometimes it takes a bad guy to do a good guy's job! These six anime heels embraced the glory of being hero for a day in this Classic edition of The List. ― This week is a repeat! Sometimes antagonists can turn a new leaf and become the anti-hero we all deserve. Take a look at these six examples. The heroes might be the stars of the show, but a work of fiction is really made by an awesome antagonist...
This scattered volume proves that basing a manga on a Vocaloid song might not be the best idea. Rebecca Silverman explains why. ― Like Kagerou Daze, Bad End Night is based on a Vocaloid song. Unfortunately, that appears to be a premise too thin for an entire volume of manga, much less a series, and this volume can't quite decide if it's a mystery, a spoof on the “bad endings” of visual novels, or sel...