Press Releases - August 2006
- ADV Announces New Ellcia Collection ()
- John Woo's Seven Brothers #1 to Feature Rare Metallic Editions ()
- Oni-Con, LLC Acquires Largest Guest List to Date ()
- MiS Productions, Japan-A-Radio Announce Third Season for 'Unwound' ()
- Anime Network Distribution Soars to 40 Million ()
- Organic Hobby Revoltech NGE Yongouki-Eva04 ()
- Anime USA Announces MAX As Musical GOH ()
- GDH to Release Animation Title on HD DVD ()
- GDH to Release Animation Title on Blu-ray Disc ()
- BART's Kids Ride Free Saturdays will End with Excitement ()
- Broccoli International Launches UART Mailing List ()
- 4Kids TV Launches Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters ()
- Phoenix Anime Fest honors its new guest, Kaiju Big Battel ()
- Space at NY Comic Con Already at a Premium ()
- DC Anime Club and APA Film Fest Team up for AMV Contest ()
- Viz Media Signs New Broadcast Deals in Latin America ()
- Madman Releases Hoop Days ()
- Studio ArtFX Releases Anime Genesis Podcast ()
- Bandai Warns Fansubbers Against Illegal Fansubs of Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society ()
- Madman Releases Baki the Grappler ()
- Anime Pulse Podcast Wins Podcast Award for Best Cultural/Arts Podcast ()
- Right Stuf Launches Episode 21 of Anime Today ()
- Voice Actor Boot Camp ()
- Metrocon 5 Dates Announced ()
- Metrocon: Amano's World ()
- Yuricon Announces 2007 "Yurisai" Event ()
- DrMaster Talks Junk ()
- Toonami Jetstream Delivers More Than 9.5 Million Video Streams Since July 14 Launch ()
- AAA Anime To Distribute Exclusive Ikki Tousen 'Kanu' PVC Figures ()
- Chad Storm wins first Fullmetal Alchemist TCG World Championship ()
- Illumitoon Acquires AM Driver ()
- Solty Revant 5 ½” PVC Figure ()
- Ojamajo Doremi – Onpu-Chan 5 ½” PVC Figure ()
- Stock Up on Action and Adventure ()
- AnimeNEXT 2007 to be Held July 6-8 ()
- Anime Vegas Convention 2006 Announces Final Guests Line-Up ()
- SPJA/Anime Expo Host The NIsei Week Costume Contest This Sunday ()
- Right Stuf Announces Ninja Nonsense 3 and New Thinpak Collections ()
- Yamato USA: SIF EX Ikki Tousen - Sonsaku ()
- Digital Manga Inc. announces new titles under its Juné imprint ()
- Infinity Studios, LLC Explores Unbalanced Love ()
- Anime Expo 2007 Dates ()
- Yamato USA - Creators' Labo: Burst Angel ()
- Nissan Gets Animated ()
- BART Announces the Return of Kids Ride Free Sponsored by Viz Media ()
- DramaQueen Announces New Yaoi & Manhwa Titles ()
- Capcom Companion Characters - 4” Mini Figure ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases the next two new figures as a part of Kaiyodo's “Revoltech Series" ()
- JoyRide Entertainment celebrates Gen Con with first Fullmetal Alchemist TCG World Championships ()
- Maid Café Collection Plus 2 ()
- FUNimation Acquires 'Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles' Feature Film from Harmony Gold ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First 2007 Guests ()
- Madman August Boxset Blitz ()
- Madman Releases Gundam Seed Destiny ()
- August Newtype USA loaded with anime exclusives ()
- Anime Vegas Hit Net With New Animated Commercial ()
Sometimes your first kiss is magical, but if you're an anime character, this adolescent milestone can get too weird for comfort. Here are six first kisses that the smoochers might want to forget. ― A first kiss can be a special, a treasured moment shared between two romantic partners. Or it can be haphazardly stolen by some jerk trying to one-up his friend or caused by a pratfall down a flight of st...
My Monster Secret kicks into high gear with a pair of wild rambling adventures in its fifth volume. Nick Creamer digs into the action. ― The last two volumes of My Monster Secret have seen the manga drifting through a variety of chapter-length adventures, before settling into the more long-form and ultimately satisfying trip to Shiragami's parents' house. In light of the events of volume five, it see...
Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and more. ― ANNCast Episode 300 - Rumiko Talkahashi Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Y...
We're not used to smash hit anime coming from China, but they have a bonafide success in The King's Avatar - here's everything you need to know about the phenomenon. ― It seems fair to say that every country has its own basic style or flavor of animation. When we think of Asian animated works, most of us go immediately to anime, the Japanese variant, and it certainly is among the most prevalent and a...
Ten years before Princess Elizabeth set out to find Meliodas and the other Sins, her older sister Margaret and Gilthunder struggle to keep a terrible secret in this prequel to The Seven Deadly Sins. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If you're a casual fan of Nakaba Suzuki's manga The Seven Deadly Sins or its anime adaptation, you should be aware that this novel is intended to be read either after the...
just for fun
Attack on Titan races up the charts as the Spring anime season closes out! How did your favorite anime fare in our weekly user rankings? ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
Dustin goes a few rounds with Nintendo's noodle-armed fighting game for the Switch just in time for the summer. PLUS: Konami controversy, Rap Rabbit's demise, Sega Forever and more! ― Even covering it from the comfort of a home office, the sheer volume of E3 was positively exhausting. My heart goes out to the poor writers in the trenches, and even more to the poor fans who paid money for the mostly u...
Is this slice of life comedy about convenience store candy a sugar rush worth indulging, or is it just as frivolously forgettable as its subject matter? Nick Creamer finds out. ― Anime has already offered us long-running dramas about baking bread and entire franchises predicated on idols fighting interstellar wars, so it's tough to be surprised by basically any premise these days. Slice of life in pa...
Ever since one Pokemon episode caused an unanticipated medical emergency, there have been viewer warnings in front of many anime on TV. Why are they starting to go away now? ― Chris asks: Back in the day, after that infamous episode of Pokémon gave viewers seizures, many anime would start with an on-screen warning to watch with the lights on and at a safe distance from the TV. A bunch of my late-90'...
Your complete guide to through the best (and the worst) theatrical feature films the Gundam franchise has to offer. ― Spanning 38 years of giant robot battle action and space opera drama, the Gundam franchise has remained hugely popular. It is also, to put it simply, huge. Between TV series, OVAs, and movies, hundreds of hours of anime bearing the Gundam name has been produced. It's a lot to take in,...
Have no fear, for the Limited Edition blu-ray of My Hero Academia is here! Nick Creamer revisits the strengths and weaknesses of this first season alongside its extras-packed home release. ― Debuting just three years ago, My Hero Academia has swiftly become one of the headline manga of Shounen Jump, a rip-roaring adventure elevated by strong art, charming characters, and consistent mastery of battle ...
The biggest shows of the Spring season pull out their biggest twists and bloodiest climaxes this week, but some are more successful than others. From Re:Creators to Kado The Right Answer, Nick and Micchy cover this gory week in anime! ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 - Week 5Week 6 - Week 7 - Week 8 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From...