Press Releases - September 2006
- MTAC Announces first Webcomic Guests for 2007 Convention ()
- Right Stuf launches Episode 24 of Anime Today ()
- ADV Announces Elfen Lied Collection ()
- Anime in the Limelight Returns to Toon Radio ()
- Newtype USA October Issue Hits Newsstands ()
- Anime South Announces New Guests of Honor ()
- Anime Matsuri ()
- Viz Media Signs New International Publishers ()
- Madman 10th Anniversary ()
- Ringling School of Art and Design Summer Art Studio's Metrocon Grant ()
- AT&T, Anime Network Announce Content Delivery Agreement ()
- Madman Releases Speed Grapher ()
- ADV Announces November 21 Releases ()
- Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles' Wins Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature ()
- Madman Releases Naruto ()
- ADV Universe Download Store Launches ()
- Viz Announces New Manga for 4th Quarter ()
- Kaiju Big Battel Anime Club ()
- Score named official TCG licensor for Bleach ()
- Right Stuf Announces Ninja Nonsense 4 ()
- Mikomicon Announces Events ()
- ADV Announces November 7 Releases ()
- Critical Mass Announces Can Can Bunny Extra 2: Summer Fun! ()
- Yoshiyuki Tomino at Chicago International Film Festival ()
- New look sought for Ai-Kon mascot ()
- Dragon Ball Finale! ()
- Zatch Bell Mamodo Fury Slams into Retail ()
- New York - Tokyo Music Festival 2006 ()
- Madman's October Boxset Blitz! ()
- Volume 6 of Now Available Exclusively at InfinityStudios.com ()
- Illumitoon Acquires B'T X and B'T X Neo ()
- Namco Bandai Games Announces Special Edition for .hack//GU Vol 1: Rebirth ()
- Yuri Monogatari artist Althea Keaton to appear at MangaNEXT ()
- MTAC Prime is Gearing Up ()
- More hot new titles from Viz Media ()
- Viz Media Announces Three New Fiction Novels ()
- Tachiguishi Retsuden North American Premiere in Vancouver ()
- Comic Party Revolution Premieres on The Anime Network ()
- How To Draw Manga Books from Sweatdrop Studios ()
- Right Stuf Releases Anime Today Episode 23 ()
- Imagi to Create Astro Boy feature ()
- Diplocon II early November 2006 in Lancaster, PA ()
- IGPX For Playstation2 Races Through the Finish Line and Into Retail Stores ()
- Central Park Media to Launch Anime Online ()
- Tenbu Productions Seeking Female Cosplayers ()
- Seven Seas Entertainment Launches "Light Novel " Imprint ()
- Destineer Announces New Anime Title 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy' for Nintendo DS ()
- Viz to Publish Art Books for 2006 Holiday Season ()
- Azumi Arrives on 2-Disc Collector's Editoion DVD ()
- FunMobility, Wowmax and Newtype Bring Anime Personalities to American Cell Phones ()
- eigoMANGA Announces Television Deal with Anime Network ()
- Novala Takemoto at PMX ()
- Adult Source Media announces release of “The Last Kunoichi” ()
- Bandai to Provide Content for Amazon Unbox ()
- Itochu Corp. Invests in Comic Book Movies, LLC. ()
- Viz Media Wants Pokémon Fans to "Catch'Em All" with Amtrak ()
- ADV Announces Macross: Eve of Destruction October 24 ()
- Densha Otoko Theatrical Release ()
- Yaoi-Con 2006 on October 20-22 ()
- NekoCon 9 Update ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Gaofighgar ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Torunfam ()
- Illumitoon Partners with Westlake ()
- ADV Announces October 10 Releases ()
- Video Games Live Returns to the Hollywood Bowl September 21 ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases the next Revoltech figure ()
- Bakuretsu Con Announces Changes to Guests of Honor ()
- FUNimation Doubles Anime Programming for Anime Block ()
- Organic Hobby Announces UJ-14 1/8 Scale PVC Statue ()
- ADV Announces Final Gatchaman Collection October 17 ()
- USA Today's Top 150 Best Seller List Features Naruto at #21 ()
- ADV Announces October 3 Releases ()
- Eureka Seven to Premiere on Canada's YTV September 8th ()
- Infinity Studios, LLC August Releases Hit Book Shelves ()
- GDH, H.I.S. Announce Launch of a new Campaign ()
- Madman Releases Gun X Sword ()
- Madman Boxset Blitz ()
- Madman Announces November 2006 List ()
- Celebrity Anime/Manga Guest Speakers Announced for UCI Extension Course ()
The world-famous composer behind the music of Silent Hill discusses his long career making scary games scarier, along with his latest, the score for Let It Die. ― Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka, renowned for his work on Silent Hill's soundtrack, attended this year's Granada FicZone. He's also credited for many other video game scores such as Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer Is De...
An ancient Fire Emblem game from the depths of the Famicom library gets resurrected on the 3DS - but is it worth your time? PLUS: Mario's got a gun, Netflix for games and much more! ― If you've followed this column for a while, you've probably noticed that I've got a taste for a lot of the games Nintendo puts out. Yet I've never delved deep into Fire Emblem. I played the first Western release when it...
This princess is more interested in actually ruling and political intrigue than finding a prince in this first volume of Aya Shirosaki's shoujo manga. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Gleam is the second manga release from e-publisher Cross Infinite World (the first being Little Hero), and a totally different bird from their usual fare. Where before all of their series featured ordinary girls bei...
just for fun
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki - The Eccentric Family slides into #1! See how your favorite shows fared in our weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these ra...
Anime on bluray sometimes looks very different from the way we might remember it - Justin explains how it's a little less scientific than we might think. ― Stanley asks: I have a technical question about Blu-ray transfers, particularly the film to Blu-Ray ones. I've been starting up a Blu-Ray collection recently and was looking at some comparison screenshots from a lot of classic anime titles and fi...
After 25 years of OVAs and spinoffs, is there "no need for Tenchi" after all? Theron Martin runs down the franchise history and what still stands out after so many other harem series have come and gone. ― When it comes to convoluted anime franchises, few short of Gundam can rival the endurance of the Tenchi Muyo! franchise. Over the course of 25 years, it has spawned two main 26-episode TV series, th...
This series brings the gore, sex, and action at full volume, but does it have enough substance to balance out the madness? Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― Murciélago, which is Spanish for “bat,” is definitely one of the darker stories to come out recently. It follows the gruesome, and occasionally sexy, adventures of Kuroko Koumori, a slightly-reformed mass murderer as she works for the Metropolitan P...
Nick and Micchy have a lot to chew on this week as the tension ramps up in everything from Re:Creators to My Hero Academia, and even Boruto and The Eccentric Family! Plus, just what the heck is Heybot, anyway? ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From One Piece to The Promised Neverland, he's the man to talk...
just for fun
Going to comic-con is EXTREMELY serious business - at least, according to Perry. ―
Appearing on Netflix at the same time as its theatrical premiere, this sci fi thriller from Polygon Pictures boasts more flair than bite. Theron Martin has the details. ― With Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga being adapted into a CG anime series, it's no wonder that there would be interest in adapting his earliest project: the 1998 cyberpunk manga Blame! Although it was adapted into a series ...
You see it all the time in anime - the radio plays simple instructions and folks gather to do some basic calisthenics. Is that really a thing in Japan? ― Matt asks: Anime often depict radio calisthenics as something geared toward children or older people, but everyone always appears aware of what it is. Are radio calisthenics as ubiquitous as they appear? And what made them so popular? Radio Taisou,...
Gabriella Ekens discovers pleasant surprises and wicked twists from this CG adaptation of the popular thriller manga, and Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases! ― With the latest season of Natsume's Book of Friends earning high marks, I decided it was finally time to give the series a try. I'm watching it from the beginning, so I'm a few episodes into the first season as I write this. I'...
An entire classroom is transported to another world in this isekai series, and its protagonist must go about getting superpowers the hard way. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If there's one thing that sets Arifureta apart from its fellow isekai stories, it's that in this case, an entire high school class is transported to another world, not just one lucky young individual. Not only does this make t...