Press Releases - November 2006
- ADV Announces January 30 Releases ()
- Gen Con Announces New Executive ()
- 16 Animated Films Eligible for Golden Globes ()
- MTAC Brings Together Fans of Anime with the Voices Behind the Creations ()
- Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" to Premiere at Comiket ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG named "Best Anime TCG of 2006" ()
- Phoenix Comicon announces Art and Costume Contest Tour ()
- DrMaster Now Shipping... ()
- ADV Announces January 23 Releases ()
- Viz Media Debuts Bleach on DVD ()
- Purgatory Kabuki Preview in Play Magazine ()
- Pokemon Launches Most Powerful Deck Yet ()
- SJPA Launches New Site ()
- Seven Seas Announces He Is My Master & Sota-Kun ()
- Buyrinkya Japan Store Grand Opening On-Line ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Sean Schemmel ()
- PLAY! to feature music from ActRaiser ()
- World Famous Hello Kitty Advances to New Digital Heights ()
- Video Games Live Announces Festival for FIrst Ever UK Concert ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces Mascot Naming Contest ()
- CPM Schedules Four Re-Repriced Releases ()
- Planetwide Media and Tokyopop Announce Tokyopop Manga Creator ()
- GDH Group Announces the Formation of New Content Fund ()
- Play! is coming back to Sweden ()
- ADV Acquires SGT. Frog ()
- NYCC to Feature Anime Screenings and Programming ()
- PLAY! is coming to Hartford ()
- Yamato USA - Tandmen Twin Animal Girls ()
- Anime Matsuri Launches ()
- ADV Announces January 16 Releases ()
- Otaku University Announces $1,000 Grant ()
- Right Stuf Launches His and Her Circumstances Site ()
- Infinity Studios November Editor's Picks ()
- AnikiCon in Germany is proud to present the Ali Project ()
- Viz Media Announces New Anime for 2006 Holiday Season ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Asuka Figure ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Namco Bandai Games' Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles Battles onto Retail Shelves ()
- JoyRide Entertainment announces charity tournament series ()
- Naruto Road Show Continues ()
- Organic Hobby Presents Witchblade ()
- ALC Publishing Presents Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" ()
- Yamato USA New Releases ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First Electronic Sakura-Conduit Newsletter ()
- Dragon Ball Z Digitally Remastered in High Definition and Restored ()
- MAX and Anime USA on XM Radio ()
- Dragon Ball Returns to U.S. Television on the FUNimation Channel ()
- American Anime Awards to be Hosted by New York Comic Con ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates One Year of Anime Today Podcast ()
- Tales of Anime returns for 2007 ()
- Tales of Anime announces 2007 dates ()
- Kirin Lemon Black: Monster Blacks Fights Back" Awarded Best Commercial Film ()
- ADV Announces January 9 Releases ()
- Namco Bandai Games Announces Inuyasha: Secret Of The Divine Jewel For The Nintendo DS ()
- Toon Radio joins UpSNAP ()
- DrMaster Ships Eternal Alice Key Princess Story ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Third Quarter 2006 Results ()
- ADV Announces Mobile Anime Network Service ()
- Video Games Live Breaks New Ground in South America & Europe ()
- Phoenix Anime Fest 2nd Japanese Guest Kosuke Okazaki ()
- Infinity Studios Website Hosts The Now Online Poll ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Voice Actors Take the Central Coast By Storm at The Grand Opening of Anime Express in Paso Robles ()
- Viz Media Announces the Exciting Conclusion of Ranma 1/2 ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- .hack//ROOTS Premiere on Cartoon Network ()
- Rinkya Announces Doujinshi Sale ()
- WFAC Announces Full Programme for 2006 Animation Festival ()
- ADV Films & Shochiku Announce Licensing Deals ()
- Princess Tutu Event ()
- Graphic Novelist at the SF Public Library Nov. 14 ()
- Illumitoon & Westlake Acquire Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo ()
- ADV Acquires “Le Chevalier D'Eon” For North America, UK & Australia ()
- ADV Announces January 2 Releases ()
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...
The world-famous composer behind the music of Silent Hill discusses his long career making scary games scarier, along with his latest, the score for Let It Die. ― Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka, renowned for his work on Silent Hill's soundtrack, attended this year's Granada FicZone. He's also credited for many other video game scores such as Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer Is De...
An ancient Fire Emblem game from the depths of the Famicom library gets resurrected on the 3DS - but is it worth your time? PLUS: Mario's got a gun, Netflix for games and much more! ― If you've followed this column for a while, you've probably noticed that I've got a taste for a lot of the games Nintendo puts out. Yet I've never delved deep into Fire Emblem. I played the first Western release when it...
This princess is more interested in actually ruling and political intrigue than finding a prince in this first volume of Aya Shirosaki's shoujo manga. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Gleam is the second manga release from e-publisher Cross Infinite World (the first being Little Hero), and a totally different bird from their usual fare. Where before all of their series featured ordinary girls bei...
just for fun
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki - The Eccentric Family slides into #1! See how your favorite shows fared in our weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these ra...
Anime on bluray sometimes looks very different from the way we might remember it - Justin explains how it's a little less scientific than we might think. ― Stanley asks: I have a technical question about Blu-ray transfers, particularly the film to Blu-Ray ones. I've been starting up a Blu-Ray collection recently and was looking at some comparison screenshots from a lot of classic anime titles and fi...
After 25 years of OVAs and spinoffs, is there "no need for Tenchi" after all? Theron Martin runs down the franchise history and what still stands out after so many other harem series have come and gone. ― When it comes to convoluted anime franchises, few short of Gundam can rival the endurance of the Tenchi Muyo! franchise. Over the course of 25 years, it has spawned two main 26-episode TV series, th...
This series brings the gore, sex, and action at full volume, but does it have enough substance to balance out the madness? Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― Murciélago, which is Spanish for “bat,” is definitely one of the darker stories to come out recently. It follows the gruesome, and occasionally sexy, adventures of Kuroko Koumori, a slightly-reformed mass murderer as she works for the Metropolitan P...
Nick and Micchy have a lot to chew on this week as the tension ramps up in everything from Re:Creators to My Hero Academia, and even Boruto and The Eccentric Family! Plus, just what the heck is Heybot, anyway? ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From One Piece to The Promised Neverland, he's the man to talk...
just for fun
Going to comic-con is EXTREMELY serious business - at least, according to Perry. ―
Appearing on Netflix at the same time as its theatrical premiere, this sci fi thriller from Polygon Pictures boasts more flair than bite. Theron Martin has the details. ― With Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga being adapted into a CG anime series, it's no wonder that there would be interest in adapting his earliest project: the 1998 cyberpunk manga Blame! Although it was adapted into a series ...