Press Releases - March 2007
- Big Tent Entertainment Selects Play Along ® As Master Toy Licensee For Japanese Character Sensation ()
- Anime Guests and New Events Announcements For Sogen Con ()
- ADV Announces Releases for May 22 and May 29 ()
- Anime Network Scores New SVOD Carriage with WideOpenWest ()
- Anime Expo Tour from Japan ()
- I.G 20th Anniversary project "Ghost Hound" unveiled at TAF 2007 ()
- Madman Releases Bleach ()
- Madman Releases Hellsing Ultimate ()
- North American Theatrical Debut of First Naruto Film ()
- ADV Announces May 15 Releases ()
- Dark Horse Announces Dirty Pair Novels ()
- Dark Horse Announces MPD-Psycho ()
- I.G and Kazuto Nakazawa animate Kao's New CM "Asience: Hairy Tales" ()
- Anime Network to premiere First-ever American Anime Awards ()
- Korean and Japanese Animation at the Egyptian Theatre ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Year-End 2006 Results ()
- Tomy And D3Publisher Of America Announce Naruto Fighting Game For Nintendo's Wii System ()
- ADV Announces May 8 Releases ()
- Juné by DMP Announces Yaoi Con 2007 Guest – Hinako Takanaga ()
- Anime Network Launches 5 New 24/7 Linear Channels in Texas ()
- Pokemon TCG - Newest Collector Tins ()
- Speed Racer May 9, 2008 ()
- Online Pre-Registration Now Open at MetroConventions.com ()
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya & Cutie Honey English Dubs to Premiere at Sakura-Con ()
- DLSite Open to International Submissions ()
- Production I.G to animate clip for Maaya Sakamoto's Universe ()
- Madman releases Robotech: Shadow Chronicles ()
- GDH to Collaborate with Eminence Symphony Orchestra in The Animated Romeo x Juliet ()
- Tokyopop Rising Stars Online Voting ()
- UC Irvine Extension Offers New Courses on Manga & Anime ()
- Gonzo's 15th Anniversary Title Afro Samurai Goes On-Air in Japan ()
- DC Anime Club To Host Video Gaming Days ()
- Play! Hartford to celebrate world-premieres ()
- Geneon Acquires When They Cry (Higurashi no Naku Koroni) ()
- AnimagiC - Germany's biggest Anime Convention - Guests of Honor ()
- Bandai Visual USA and Geneon Entertainment Sign North American Distribution Agreement ()
- New SXSW dates for J-Rock band mothercoat ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Brings Top-rated Anime to Broadcast TV in New York City ()
- Infinity Studious Licenses Mediaworks' Iono-Sama Fanatics ()
- ADV Announces May 1 Release--UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie ()
- FUNimation's Fullmetal Alchemist Wins Five Awards at the Inaugural American Anime Awards ()
- JACON 2007 Pre-Registration Ends March 17, 2007 ()
- Florida Supercon Announces Three New Guests ()
- Florida Supercon Adds Todd Nauck, Christopher Ayres, Phillip Lee McCall II ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Talks To Heart with Actor Rich McNanna ()
- The Japan Information and Culture Center, Embassy of Japan presents: Roland Kelts ()
- Go!Comi To Publish Masque of the Red Death ()
- Anime Expo March Madness ()
- Viz Announces New Anime Titles at New York ComicCon ()
- Madman Releases Karas ()
- Madman Releases Ergo Proxy ()
- AnimeTV Revamps the Top Five Countdown ()
- Nausicaa at 15th annual Environmental Film Festival ()
- Vic Mignogna at Tadokucon ()
- 'Otaku USA Magazine' Launching in June ()
just for fun
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki - The Eccentric Family slides into #1! See how your favorite shows fared in our weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these ra...
Anime on bluray sometimes looks very different from the way we might remember it - Justin explains how it's a little less scientific than we might think. ― Stanley asks: I have a technical question about Blu-ray transfers, particularly the film to Blu-Ray ones. I've been starting up a Blu-Ray collection recently and was looking at some comparison screenshots from a lot of classic anime titles and fi...
After 25 years of OVAs and spinoffs, is there "no need for Tenchi" after all? Theron Martin runs down the franchise history and what still stands out after so many other harem series have come and gone. ― When it comes to convoluted anime franchises, few short of Gundam can rival the endurance of the Tenchi Muyo! franchise. Over the course of 25 years, it has spawned two main 26-episode TV series, th...
This series brings the gore, sex, and action at full volume, but does it have enough substance to balance out the madness? Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― Murciélago, which is Spanish for “bat,” is definitely one of the darker stories to come out recently. It follows the gruesome, and occasionally sexy, adventures of Kuroko Koumori, a slightly-reformed mass murderer as she works for the Metropolitan P...
Nick and Micchy have a lot to chew on this week as the tension ramps up in everything from Re:Creators to My Hero Academia, and even Boruto and The Eccentric Family! Plus, just what the heck is Heybot, anyway? ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From One Piece to The Promised Neverland, he's the man to talk...
just for fun
Going to comic-con is EXTREMELY serious business - at least, according to Perry. ―
Appearing on Netflix at the same time as its theatrical premiere, this sci fi thriller from Polygon Pictures boasts more flair than bite. Theron Martin has the details. ― With Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga being adapted into a CG anime series, it's no wonder that there would be interest in adapting his earliest project: the 1998 cyberpunk manga Blame! Although it was adapted into a series ...
You see it all the time in anime - the radio plays simple instructions and folks gather to do some basic calisthenics. Is that really a thing in Japan? ― Matt asks: Anime often depict radio calisthenics as something geared toward children or older people, but everyone always appears aware of what it is. Are radio calisthenics as ubiquitous as they appear? And what made them so popular? Radio Taisou,...
Gabriella Ekens discovers pleasant surprises and wicked twists from this CG adaptation of the popular thriller manga, and Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases! ― With the latest season of Natsume's Book of Friends earning high marks, I decided it was finally time to give the series a try. I'm watching it from the beginning, so I'm a few episodes into the first season as I write this. I'...
An entire classroom is transported to another world in this isekai series, and its protagonist must go about getting superpowers the hard way. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If there's one thing that sets Arifureta apart from its fellow isekai stories, it's that in this case, an entire high school class is transported to another world, not just one lucky young individual. Not only does this make t...
We check back in with Asuna on the real-world side of things for the first time in the Alicization arc, as the mysteries behind this new virtual world begin to unravel. ― Whatever criticisms might be leveled against SAO creator Reki Kawahara, lack of ambition when it comes to imagining applications for virtual technology isn't one of them. The Soul Transfer Engine that was introduced in the last nove...