Press Releases - December 2007
- Anime Jungle Has Annnounced Its Third Screening Event: The Great Yokai War ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Revoltech's Type-J9 Griffon (Aqua -Unit) & Black Ox ()
- Anime Expo® 2008 Opens Online Pre-Registration ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Curvature of the Spine “Preneru” – 7” PVC Figure ()
- New England Anime Society Celebrates First Night Boston with Anime Screenings and In-Person Registration for Anime Events ()
- Organic Hobby USA: ATM-09-ST Scopedog (Rane Custom & Bockmesser Custom Vers.) ()
- "Lewd Consultation Room" English Voice ver. Released on DLSite.com ()
- Yamato USA Online Shop Special: Holiday Savings Held Over through the New Year ()
- GDH Announces P2P Distribution of Animation Titles ()
- Kawaii-Kon 2008: Hawaii Anime Convention's Guest List Announced ()
- Intermixi Japan Tours offers a "How To Draw Manga" workshop by Manga University ()
- Online Pre-Registration is open for Metrocon 2008 ()
- Right Stuf's ANIME TODAY Interviews VIZ Media's Wendy Shimamura ()
- Want More of Your Favorite Fighters? DrMaster & SNK Playmore Deliver the Ultimate Art Compilation ()
- ADV Announces February 5 Titles ()
- World Cosplay Summit Team USA Chosen at New York Anime Fest ()
- Organic Hobby USA: AV-0 Zerosiki Peacemaker & Brave Gokin 14 - AV-98 Ingram 01, 02 & 03 (Reactive Armor Version) ()
- Music and Gaming Festival Invades Alexandria in January ()
- Mechademia 2: Networks of Desire ()
- Atlus Announces Mech-Based Strategy RPG Drone Tactics for Nintendo DS™ ()
- T-MODE 08' Kicks off 2008 with Special Guest, Johnny Bosch ()
- Tora-Con 2008 Announces Guest and Pre-registration ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Hellsing Collection Figure :: Search & Destroy (Vol.1) :: Awaiting – 5 ½” PVC Figure, Blood & Bats – 5 ½” PVC Figure ()
- Anime Network Launches New Broadband Service ()
- Anime Network Announces Four New Anime Series Premiering in January ()
- Organic Hobby USA: T.O.P Collection No.5 “Great Mazinger” – 8 ½” PVC Figure, No.6 “Grendizer” – 8 ½” PVC Figure ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Brave Gokin 12 “Gaogaigo – 6~7” DIECAST/PVC/ABS/POM Figure ()
- The L.A.N. Show on Otaku Life Radio by the Noobie Games ()
- GDH and Leaguer Group Announce Business Partnership for Distribution of Anime in China ()
- Anime on the Go: Hottest Japanese Anime Series Now Available to Mobile Users ()
- Top-selling JapanFiles.com band LiN CLOVER to Separate Indefinitely in 2008 ()
- Go! Comi Releases Aimee Major Steinberger's Japan Ai, Along With Unique Web Content ()
- My Sister the Demon/Goddess Free Online Comic ()
- Imagi International Reports 2007 Interim Results ()
- Svetlana Chmakova and Greg Ayres Attend Phoenix Comicon ()
- Castle of Shikigami III on the Wii™ in the Spring of 2008: Bullet Hell Comes to the Wii! ()
- Asian Dance-Rock Outfit The Slants Create Website to Giveaway Free Tickets to Anime Conventions the Band is Scheduled to Perform at ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces March 25 Release of Variable Geo Neo, DVD Vol. 1: The Games Begin ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc Releases the First Character/Figure as a Part of Kaiyodo's “Fraülein Revoltech,” “Rin Tohsaka” ()
- Right Stuf/Nozomi Entertainment & Kadokawa Pictures USA Announce The Third: The Girl With The Blue Eye, DVD Vol. 5: Shadows of the Past ()
- Dimensional Manga: December 2007 ()
- Eyeshield 21 Animated Series to Debut on Toonami Jetstream ()
- Alluring, Sexy & Forbidden – Aurora Publishing, Inc. Launches Three New Websites Featuring Its Three Imprints – Aurora, Luv Luv, & Deux ()
- Yamato USA Online Shop Special: Limited Time Holiday Savings from Yamato USA ()
- New Look And Feel-Anime Expo® 2008 Website Launches ()
- DrMaster Publications to Release Junk V5, Iron Wok Jan V27, and Purgatory Kabuki V1 ()
- Aural Vampire & Bespa Kumamero to Perform at Anime Matsuri 2008 ()
- FUSION GOL Offers Two New Multilingual SNS Framework Packages; Japanese/English and Japanese/English/Chinese SNS Framework Packages Now Available ()
- Major Takashi Murakami Retrospective Presented at the Brooklyn Museum April 5 through July 13, 2008 ()
- President of Pokémon USA, Inc. to Step Down ()
- JapanFiles Presents tokyo pinsalocks at Anime Boston 2008 ()
- Vuze Inks Exclusive Distribution Rights for Popular Anime Series Never Before Available outside Japan ()
- Lycos Announces the Most Popular Internet Search Terms of 2007 and the Ones to Watch in 2008 ()
- Atari, Inc. Settles FUNimation Dispute ()
- Eigomanga and WT.Cox Distributes Manga to Schools and Libraries ()
- Viz Pictures Teams with NFL Star Jason Taylor as a Sponsor of JT's Ping Pong Smash ()
- Rinkya's First Annual Yousei Report: Japan's Hot Products This Holiday Season ()
- Marvel Entertainment and Del Rey Manga Announce Two New Series Based on X-Men, Wolverine ()
- All Anime World Cutest Anime Girl 2007 Contest Starting Immediately ()
- Hit Anime Series Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion to Appear on Adult Swim ()
- Freedom 3 Trailer Up, Vol.1-3 & Limited Edition Action Figure Gorgeous Bundle Set Available ()
- James Patterson's #1 New York Times Bestselling Series Maximum Ride to be Published in Manga Editions ()
- GDH Announces Release of Afro Samurai Graphic Novel in US ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Writer, Director & Voice of Speed Racer Peter Fernandez ()
- Stone Bridge Press Authors at New York Anime Festival ()
- Viz Pictures to Screen Six Live Action Films at 2007 New York Anime Festival ()
- Tor Books Partners with Seven Seas to Form New Manga Imprint and Announces Publication of Afro Samurai, the Basis for the Hit Spike TV Anime Series ()
- JapanFiles to Bring Ketchup Mania Back to the USA for Sakura-Con 2008 ()
- MTAC Announces Guest of Honor: Kaiju Big Battel and Artist Guest of Honor: Doug Smith ()
- Anime Jungle Has Announced Its Second Screening Event of Paprika ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces First Guest for 2008 Convention: Voice Actor Greg Ayres; Fan-Fiction, Fan-Comic Contest for Fabulous Prizes ()
- ADV Announces Devil May Cry: The Animated Series ()
- Ninja Nonsense Art Box & Goodies: More in the Pipeline, Now Taking Additional Orders ()
- Florida Supercon Announces New "Super Sized" Location Plus Initial 20 Guests ()
- Weekly Releases from Adult Source Media ()
- All "Ai's" on New York Anime Festival 2007 as TOKYOPOP Unveils the World Premiere of the New Music Video ()
- Viz Media to Participate in a Variety of Exciting Events at 2007 New York Anime Festival ()
- Imagi Completes HK$406 Million (US$52m*) Zero Coupon Convertible Bond Placement ()
- Draglade™ Now Shipping to Stores Across North America ()
- In Fashion We Trust! Tokyopop Proudly Debuts…The Gothic & Lolita Bible ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment to Preview Adventures in Voice Acting Documentary at New York Anime Festival ()
- JapanFiles.com Brings Electro-Pop Nagoya Band Budo Grape to A-Kon 2008! ()
- Erin Corbett Joins Imagi Animation Studios as Senior VP of Marketing ()
- Anime Selects - Tokyo Reporter 2008 ()
- The Ed Man Cometh: Famous Voice Actor Coming to Eirtakon 08 ()
- New York Anime Festival and New York - Tokyo Announce Video Game Room And Tournaments ()
- D'espairsRay, MUCC and The Underneath: Tour dates announced at New York Anime Festival with Rockstar Taste of Chaos ()
- Yamato USA Online Special: Story! Image! Figure! EX: Ikkitousen – Ryofu Housen, 1/7 Special Color ()
- Concorso Internazionale International Competition Winners ()
- Romantic Fantasy Series—Kanon—to Make Highly Anticipated Premiere December 28 on Anime Network ()
- Castle Point Anime Convention will be Attending New York Anime Festival ()
- New York-Tokyo Presents GNG: December at the New York Anime Festival ()
- Viz Media Jumps into 2008 with Compelling Content for January Issue of Shonen Jump Magazine ()
- Cult Favorite Paradigm Shift Hits Shelves ()
- Holiday Sale on 100% Yuri from ALC Publishing ()
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
You see it in the credits of anime blurays and DVDs all the time - but what does "video post-production" actually entail? Justin has the answer. ― Craig asked: Just finished watching the third Berserk film, The Advent and in the credits I saw your name. for Video post production. What exactly do you do in terms of post production(clean up, video/audio compression, restoration?)? Do all companies who...
Paul Jensen takes a look at the long-awaited blu-ray of Kyoto Animation's unusual mystery series, along with a rundown of this week's new anime releases! ― I went to a screening of Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro last week. It was my first time seeing the movie, and I have to say it was a blast. If you're a Lupin fan or are interested in Hayao Miyazaki's early work as a director, it's definitely...
One of the most compelling adventures in the Haruhi saga finally arrives on Blu-ray! Nick Creamer takes a look at this uniquely engrossing film. ― After the madcap adventures and slapstick comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first two seasons, the anime series was capped off with a film unlike anything that had come before. Somber, slow-paced, and introspective, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya represent...