Plus maid cafes, Budo Grape, contests & more in episode 65!
GRIMES, IA, April 25, 2008 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf
, Inc. is pleased to welcome the writers of FUNimation
– Jared Hedges
, Joel Bergen
and Alex Muniz
– to episode 65 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new interview, Hedges, Bergen and Muniz discuss the writing process for Shin-chan
– which currently airs on Cartoon Network
's Adult Swim
– and how their work on the show differs from the typical anime adaptation process. Additionally, they talk about how they got involved in the project, what pop culture inspires their writing for the show, and whether or not any topics are “off limits.”
Hedges has been writing scripts for FUNimation
since 1999, and his credits include serving as head writer for Fullmetal Alchemist
, Samurai 7
, Speed Grapher
, Moon Phase, Yū Yū Hakusho
, and Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
. He was also voted “2006 Writer of the Year” by anime dub
fans at AnimeOnDVD.com. Bergen's anime credits include Dragon Ball
, Dragon Ball Z
, Yū Yū Hakusho
, Fullmetal Alchemist
, Samurai 7
, Case Closed
, and Speed Grapher
. Muniz has written for AskMen.com and FileFront.com in addition to co-writing several projects, including the Disney Channel
's The Replacements and The Emperor's New School and Nickelodeon
's Back at the Barnyard, with Bergen.
Also in episode 65 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What's Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Kris and Judy talk about maid cafes and the culture surrounding them in the “Anime and Gamers' Guide.”
- Shawne reminds listeners about the last days to stock up on catalog DVDs and more from Media Blasters
- Rich and Nick announce the winners of the Del Rey
Manga Fairy Tail
contest, kick off a new contest for copies of the graphic novel Dark Wraith of Shannara, and talk about updates to Right Stuf
's sites, including the launch of the Anime Today forum community and the reappearance of comingsoon.Right Stuf
- Marie checks out Takeshi Konomi
's manga The Prince of Tennis
- Judy-sensei returns with a new mini Japanese 101 lesson on cafe conversation.
- Rich and Nick provide a rundown of upcoming conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
- Listen to musical clips from the JapanFiles.com release Sokokara Detekinasai by Budo Grape.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from Right Stuf
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast's segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline
at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.Right Stuf
.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.Right Stuf
Visit ANIME TODAY on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/animetoday.
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you're into anime and what's happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF
Currently celebrating its 21st year in business, Right Stuf
, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf
works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at Right Stuf
.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.Nozomi Entertainment
, Right Stuf
's production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi's focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy
, Kimba and Gigantor
to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
, His and Her Circumstances
, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars
, Ninja Nonsense
, To Heart
, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye
and Emma: A Victorian Romance
, Right Stuf
and Nozomi Entertainment
produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.Right Stuf
.com and www.nozomient.com.