Press Releases - October 2008
- APE - Special Guest Announcement for Fanfare / Ponent Mon ()
- Fanfare / Ponent Mon at Alternative Press Expo (APE) This Weekend ()
- Halloween Hardcore from Japan: New Compilation CD Features Girugamesh, Dazzle Vision ()
- MomoCon 2009 ()
- Atlus Unleashes Full Persona 4 Video Trailer on Social Links ()
- Navarre Corporation Reports Preliminary Financial Results for Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2009 ()
- Viz Media Announces Collection of Diverse New Titles That Make Ideal Gift Ideas for the 2008 Holiday Season ()
- Domo Arrives in All New Colors from Dark Horse Deluxe ()
- Kitacon Announces New Guests ()
- Viz Media Previews Special Video-Game Issues of Shonen Jump and Shojo Beat Magazines; Shojo Beat Presents Official Guide to Hit Manga Vampire Knight ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Renji Murata 1/7 PSE Product #002 – Chris ()
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time DVD Launch Party at Anime Jungle November 18th; Voice Actor Andrew Francis to Appear; Theatrical Poster Giveaway; Contest ()
- Slam Dunk: Crunchyroll Teams Up with Toei Animation ()
- GONG TV Programs Now Available on iPhone and iPod Touch, with Free vSNAX Videos App ()
- Dabel Brothers Foray into a Post-Apocalyptic Future with ‘Dog Eaters’ This Fall ()
- Steve Conte Update: NY Dolls on TV, S.C. New Band Site, Live Shows, Web Radio ()
- Comic AG Digital Now Available on DriveThruComics.com ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Talks New Media with Anime News Network's Justin Sevakis ()
- Hachette Book Group Creates New Publishing Division ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Unveils Trailer for the Remastered Toward the Terra Movie at terra.rightstuf.com ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces New Street Date of November 11, 2008 for Emma: A Victorian Romance – Season 2 DVD Collection ()
- Alteil Card Duel Game Halloween Special ()
- A True Triforce: The Obama Campaign, Bawls Guarana, & Charles Cohen Make Their TAKII 6 Debuts ()
- Red-Hot Indies Band SpecialThanks Says "Hello" to JapanFiles.com ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Shikabane Hime: AKA for North American Release ()
- Anime Network now Available on iPhone and iPod Touch ()
- ‘Dragon Ball Z®: Infinite World’ Goes Gold ()
- Gamers and Anime Fans Unite at EXP Con in St. Augustine ()
- Yumemiru Musical Paradise Event Welcomes Iconic Designers Angelic Pretty and Gothic Folk Duo Kokusyoku Sumire ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces the Aria The Natural – Part 1 DVD Collection for Jan. 27, 2009 ()
- Witchblade -The Anime Series - Free Episode Now Available on iTunes ()
- ‘Dragon Ball: Origins’ Goes Gold ()
- Production I.G Presents a New Mamoru Oshii & Production I.G Collaborative Project Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai ()
- School Rumble T-Shirts Now Available from Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment ()
- Viz Media Brings Popular Manga Properties to 2008 Frankfurt Book Fair ()
- Viz Media Showcases Exciting Anime Properties for All Ages at 2008 MIPCOM Show ()
- Cool Winter Japan – February 6-15 2009 – Osaka, Sapporo, and Kyoto ()
- Adult Source Media Presents Pleasure Island ()
- The DC Anime Club and the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan Present Bleach The Movie: Memories of Nobody ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment Announces Specialized Voice Acting Workshop to Be Held at Bang Zoom! Studios ()
- The Anime After Dark Film Festival Expands to Monterey, California ()
- Creator Series 8: Bloody Snake under the Sun Director Nakai & Trivia ()
- Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema Announces First Films ()
- New York Comic Con Registration is Live on Website ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Previews Moribito with Media Blasters' Merideth Mulroney ()
- CBLDF to Serve as Special Consultant in PROTECT Act Manga Case ()
- Funimation® Entertainment Joins Joost™ ()
- Official “07-Ghost” Website Now Online ()
- Win Free Tickets to See Death Note II: The Last Name from the Anime Kaiju Experience in Theaters October 15 and 16 ()
- New Manga Cartoon Guides Teach Science and Technology ()
- Kristen Bell, Matt Lucas Join All-Star Cast of Imagi's “Astro Boy” ()
- May'n Live in Singapore ()
- Viz Media Highlights an Array of Spooky Manga Series to Keep the Scare in Halloween ()
- Production I.G to Produce 3DCG Feature Film Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror slated in Japan for Summer 2009 ()
- Go! Comi Announces New Licenses from the Creator of “The Devil Within” ()
- Crunchyroll and Gonzo to Simulcast Linebarrels of Iron ()
- Fluid Friction Comic Launch Devashard ()
- Anime Kaiju Experience Hosts Mini-Manga/Doujinshi Contest ()
- Creator Series 7: 77BOADRUM Director Kawaguchi & Another Giveaway! ()
- Atlus Releases First Batch Of Persona 4 Video Webisodes ()
- Bandai Entertainment Acquires Gurren Lagann Manga ()
- Viz Media Announces Canadian Theatrical Debut of Bleach The Movie: Memories Of Nobody ()
- Fanfare - Ponent Mon at Small Press Expo (SPX) 2008 This Weekend ()
- eigoMANGA Distributes With Ingram Periodicals ()
- Imagi Announces Updated Terms for its Financing Agreement ()
- New York - Tokyo and Anime News Network Co-Present the NY Premiere of Genius Party ()
- Co Founder and Former CEO of Manga Entertainment Inc, Marvin Gleicher, Launches Marvin Media, LLC ()
- WMWM's “No Borders No Race” Broadcasting Live Globally October 7th ()
- Bytejacker Heads to the New York Anime Festival ()
- SITACon 2008 Announces Two More Musical Guests and Cosplay Chess ()
- Tekko 1/2 Expands with Carrie Savage, Uncle Yo, and Musical Guest Battlecake ()
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
You see it in the credits of anime blurays and DVDs all the time - but what does "video post-production" actually entail? Justin has the answer. ― Craig asked: Just finished watching the third Berserk film, The Advent and in the credits I saw your name. for Video post production. What exactly do you do in terms of post production(clean up, video/audio compression, restoration?)? Do all companies who...
Paul Jensen takes a look at the long-awaited blu-ray of Kyoto Animation's unusual mystery series, along with a rundown of this week's new anime releases! ― I went to a screening of Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro last week. It was my first time seeing the movie, and I have to say it was a blast. If you're a Lupin fan or are interested in Hayao Miyazaki's early work as a director, it's definitely...
One of the most compelling adventures in the Haruhi saga finally arrives on Blu-ray! Nick Creamer takes a look at this uniquely engrossing film. ― After the madcap adventures and slapstick comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first two seasons, the anime series was capped off with a film unlike anything that had come before. Somber, slow-paced, and introspective, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya represent...
Mike's quest for unlicensed anime leads him to the strange case of "I Give My All", a racy OVA from the 80s that was very nearly released here... until it wasn't! ― As part of the work I do with the Discotek gang, I occasionally work on some cool shows that were once licensed, but never really released on video in the west—you know, the really good anime, like Fighting Foodons. As the years pass, the...
The inimitable screenwriter behind Hanasaku Iroha, anohana, and Anthem of the Heart just released her autobiography. Kim Morrissy shares the recent director's enlightening story. ― Mari Okada recently became a topic of discussion when it was announced that she was directing an original anime film at P.A. Works. For many, this news came as a surprise, because unlike most anime directors, Okada has no ...
These episodic adventures of modern, everyday witches are charming if a little light on lasting impact. Theron Martin delves into Generation Witch. ― Witches as commonly portrayed in anime and manga – flying around on a broomstick sporting a long pointy hat – are decidedly a Western phenomenon, but that hasn't prevented them from popping up in Japanese media on a regular basis over the years. Generat...