Baltimore, MD (June 18, 2009) – To celebrate the launch of the new movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
, Otakon has teamed with Paramount to offer passes to the sneak preview, via a contest for cosplayers
and giant robot fans! We're working with them to stage a Giant Robot Invasion at the Baltimore premiere, and we need your help. So tell all your friends, it's time to show off your mad skills!
Open to anyone who wants to show off their giant robot making abilities.
Here's how it will work:
1. The sneak preview will be held at the Cinemark
Egyptian at Arundel Mills Mall, Monday, 22 June 2009, at 7:30 p.m. (The actual screening is closed to the public.)
2. Show up at 6 p.m. in your best Transformers
or giant robot costume. Show off for the media!
3. At about 6:45 p.m., the best five costumes will be selected by judges from 98 ROCK.
4. Once winners are selected, you'll have time to put away your costume before the movie starts.
5. Those best five costumes will each win two reserved seats for the screening. Runners up will receive Transformers
swag including toys and Otakon t-shirts.
6. The best costume will also receive a free membership to Otakon 2009.
7. ALL participants will be invited to appear in costume the next morning on Fox 45 News, where they'll promote the movie (and Otakon) on Transformers
They're counting on the creativity and skills of Otakon's legions of cosplayers
to make the event a success -- so let's not disappoint!
There is no need to sign up: just show up at the indicated time in costume, and you've got a chance to win!Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
opens in theaters nationwide on Wednesday, July 24.
Official movie site: http://www.transformersmovie.com/
ABOUT OTAKON AND OTAKORP, INC.: Now entering its sixteenth year, Otakon is an annual celebration of Japanese and East Asian popular culture, and also one of the largest gatherings of fans in the United States. Otakon celebrates popular culture as a gateway to deeper understanding of Asian culture, and has grown along with the enthusiasm for anime, manga, video games, and music from the Far East. Since 1999, Otakon has been held in Baltimore, Maryland; currently, Otakon is one of Baltimore's few large, city-wide events, drawing over 22,000 individual members for three days each year (for a paid attendance of over 60,000 "turnstile" attendees). Otakon is a membership-based convention sponsored by Otakorp, Inc., a Pennsylvania-based, 501(c)3 educational non-profit whose mission is to promote the appreciation of Asian culture, primarily through its media and entertainment. Otakorp, Inc. is directed by an all-volunteer, unpaid staff – we are run by fans, for fans.
Otakon 2009 will be held July 17-19 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
For more information about Otakorp, Inc., see http://www.otakon.com/otakorp/index.asp
For more information and the latest news on Otakon 2009, see http://www.otakon.com/