Right Stuf's Anime Today Holiday Special 2009Dec 18th 2009
Right Stuf's ANIME TODAY Holiday Special: Part 2 of “Anime & Gamers' Holiday Guide”
“If you like Ghost Hound,” holiday music from JapanFiles.com, reviews, contests & more in episode 108!
GRIMES, IA, December 18, 2009 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. celebrates the holiday season and gears up for the new year in episode 108 of ANIME TODAY.
In the second part of the “Anime and Gamers' Holiday Guide,” Kris and Judy continue to check off items on their otaku-friendly wish list and talk about their favorite picks for several game systems, as well as stocking stuffers.
Also in episode 108 of ANIME TODAY:
* Chad shares “What's Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
* Shawne gives fans the rundown on the “Merchants of Savings” sale on books from Yen Press and reminds them that the “12+ Days of Anime Savings” has been extended through 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 21, 2009.
* Rich announces the latest Year of the Otaku weekly winners and a new contest for a copy of Children of the Sea, Vol. 1, signed by creator Daisuke Igarashi. He also announces which fans have won the chance to check out recent Nozomi Entertainment shows, including Rental Magica and Gakuen Alice, and he kicks off a new contest for Viz Pictures' release of the first live-action 20th Century Boys movie.
* Nick and Rich preview the roster of upcoming conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
* In a new “If… /Then…” segment, Christy offers recommendations to fans of the Ghost Hound anime series.
* Listen to clips from the Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi Soundtrack 1: Pine from Geneon Music. Also hear holiday-themed tracks from JapanFiles.com artists Swinging Popsicle (“At Christmastime” ), Vlidge (“Christmas Ha Holy Party” from the CD HIP POPs), Blue Trike (“Christmas Night” from the CD Kimi wo Omou) and Sista Five (“Merry Merry X'Mas To You” from the CD POWER TO THE PEOPLE).
* And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
The next episode of ANIME TODAY will go live Wednesday, January 20, 2010.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast's segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/.
Follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/animetoday.
Find Right Stuf on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rightstuf.
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you're into anime and what's happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 22nd year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf's production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi's focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA, Gakuen Alice and Rental Magica, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.