- Dragonball Z s2
- Kamisama Kiss
Soul Eater, Mini Japanese 101, reviews, contests & more in episode 112!
GRIMES, IA, April 22, 2010 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Mike Montesa – Viz Media's editor for Tsutomu Nihei's manga BIOMEGA – to episode 112 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new, two-segment interview, Montesa talks about the storyline and premise of Biomega, how it fits in stylistically with Nihei's other works (Blame!, Halo manga), and Biomega's appeal to fans of action, cyberpunk, sci-fi and horror titles. He also shares details about the process of editing the title – compared to simultaneous release titles like RIN-NE – and hints at what fans can expect in future volumes of the series.
The first graphic novel for Biomega, by Tsutomu Nihei, is currently available from Viz Media. Biomega, Volume 2 is scheduled for May 2010, and Volume 3 is scheduled for August 2010.
Also in episode 112 of ANIME TODAY:
* Chad shares “What's Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
* Rich shares how fans can find amazing deals as part of the current “Bargain Bin Blowout.”
* Nick and Rich announce the latest Year of the Otaku winners, as well as the winners of the contest celebrating Nozomi's release of Rental Magica, Part 2 (next week!). Then they kick off a new contest for two copies of Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge, the live-action J Film based on a novel by the creator of Welcome to the NHK
* In a new “Watch Stuf” segment, Christy and Nick share their picks from the current Bargain Bin sale.
* Judy-sensei's back with an all-new “Mini Japanese 101” lesson on words having to do with spring.
* Christy offers recommendations to fans of the Soul Eater anime in a new “If… /Then…” segment.
* Listen to clips from the Gunparade March: Spirit of the Samurai soundtrack from Geneon Music. Also hear tracks from JapanFiles.com artists Swinging Popsicle (“Outerspace” from the EP Change), MORNING GLORY (“CARTOON HEROES” from the CD MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR), Toshimitsu Kumaki (“OUT OF SPACE” from the CD COSMIC WANDERER), and porapora (“SPACESUIT” from the CD HUMAN).
* And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from Right Stuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast's segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/.
Follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/animetoday.
Find Right Stuf on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rightstuf.
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released once a month, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you're into anime and what's happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!” - User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 22nd year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at Right Stuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf's production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi's focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA, Gakuen Alice, Rental Magica and Junjō Romantica, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.