Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Comes to the San Jose, CA Convention Center - September 25-26Sep 16th 2010
EL SEGUNDO, CA (September 16, 2010) – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (Konami) is bringing its wildly successful Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) to California's third largest city, San Jose. This premier-level Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) event gives Duelists the chance to match their skills against each other for fun, fame, and fantastic prizes.
The YCS, held in the hub of California's fabled Silicon Valley at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on the weekend of September 25th, will start promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 25th for registration with Round One beginning at 10:00 a.m. The Top 16 YCS finishers, along with the top Duelists of the Sunday Regional Qualifiers, earn invitations to participate in their respective 2011 World Championship Qualifier events, to be held next year. Duelists looking to get an early start to the festivities can pre-register on September 24th from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Convention Center.
San Jose McEnery Convention Center
Exhibit Hall 3
150 West San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95110
Duelists, upon paying their registration fee, will receive five Duelist Revolution booster packs just for participating in Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series.
Konami will award a set of the YCS prize cards to the main event winner, the two runners-up and the winners of Sunday's public events playoffs. Each of these Duelists will receive one copy of each of the three YCS prize cards: Ultra Rare versions for the winner of the main event, and Super Rare copies for the others.
• 1st place – Set of Ultra Rare YCS Prize Cards; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Game Mat; Netbook plus 500 BoosterPass Points for Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Duel Accelerator; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 2nd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; iPad Wi-Fi 32 GB; Konami iPad game codes to be used on the iPad; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 3rd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; 32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 4th place –32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 5th – 8th place – DSi XL with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia ; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Duelist Revolution; Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 17th – 32nd place – YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
Adding to the already stellar weekend of activities, Konami is also hosting a tournament for their video game, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia. Top Duelists can get the choice of their favorite video games released by Konami!
Duelists not able to make the trek to San Jose can watch up-to-the minute live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.
For more information on Konami, the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME or the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series, please visit www.yugioh-card.com.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 22 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 22 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.
KONAMI is a registered trademark of KONAMI CORPORATION.