Ai-Kon 2011 Announces Art Table Sale Date!Apr 20th 2011
WINNIPEG, MB - April 19, 2011 -Artists who are interested in selling their personal artwork may participate in this year's Artist Fair. Ai-Kon will begin selling art tables on Saturday, April 30 at 12:00pm CST. This year there are a few changes:
* The Artist Fair is now sharing a room with the Vendors
*Tables will be sold in a 75% first come first serve and 25% lottery basis. The lottery will be held one week after response e-mails are issued - May 8, and e-mails will be sent.
*No replies will be issued until the following day, on May 1st.
*When applying for a table, do not send more than one e-mail. If you send more than one e-mail the oldest time stamp will be used.
Tables are available for purchase at $26 for half a table and $52 for an entire table (not including admission) which covers all three days of the convention.
Entire Table: 6 x 2 at $52 for all three days of the convention.
Half Table: 3 x 2 at $26 for all three days of the convention.
If you purchase only a half table, you may not share that space with another artist. If you purchase an entire table you may share your art table with one other artist. The second artist must sign in at the Artist's Fair during the convention. Artist table prices do not include admission to the convention. Admission must be purchased separately and prior to the convention.
Please e-mail table requests on April 30 at 12:00pm to [email protected]
In the subject of your e-mail please state: "Art Table - Your Name" --> "Art Table - Jane Doe"
In your e-mail please include your: name, artist alias (if you have one), your contact number (cell or home phone), address (specifically stating if you are a Manitoba artist or not, so that you may be issued the appropriate documents), your regular e-mail account, and the table size you are requesting and the name of your partner (if you are requesting a full table and have a partner).
If you are unable to send this request yourself, you can have someone send the Art Table request on your behalf, but they must include the above required information.
General Art Table Rules
Artwork and Merchandise
* Artwork sold at Ai-Kon must be anime or of Japanese/Asian inspiration and may be done in any medium with the exclusion of food.
* Artwork for sale must be produced only by the individuals signing this agreement.
* Fanart is acceptable, so long as you credit the series or creator.
* No reproductions of existing works are permitted.
* Second hand merchandise or trademark items may not be sold.
* Hentai, sexually explicit or explicitly violent artwork may not be openly displayed. This will be at the discretion of Ai-Kon staff. Such artwork may be sold discreetly, but may not be viewed or purchased by any person under the age of 18.
* Artists must abide by Art Fair room hours.
* Food that is purchased from Winnipeg Convention Centre food vendors are allowed in the Artist's room for the artists and vendors only. At the end of each day of the convention, all food items not in bags or backpacks will be thrown in the garbage as part of a cleaning routine.
* All drinks in the Artist's room must be contained in re-sealable containers.
* Personal items are to be kept underneath art tables (not behind) to ensure a safe walking space.
* Artwork is not permitted on the walls of the Winnipeg Convention Centre; please utilize your table space.
ABOUT AI-KON: Ai-Kon (http://www.ai-kon.org) is Manitoba's largest anime convention. An all-ages event, the goal of Ai-Kon is the promotion of Japanese/Asian animation and culture to the public. Started in 2001 by a local anime club, Ai-Kon took a reorganizing hiatus in 2002. It returned in 2003 to become an autonomous event, run by an independent volunteer committee. "Ai" means "love" in Japanese, hence Ai-Kon's slogan "For the Love of Anime". This year marks Ai-Kon's 10 year anniversary.