Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series to Feature Top Dueling at Latest Tour Stop in Guayaquil, Equador
EL SEGUNDO, CA (September 9, 2011) – Duelists have been prepping for weeks to bring the heat to the first ever Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (YCS) ever held in South America. The South American YCS will be in the Ecuadoran city of Guayaquil on September 17th – 18th at the Centro de Convenciones de Guayaquil. This premier-level Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) event, from Konami Digital Entertainment (Konami), marks the first 2011 YCS event in Latin America.
Skilled Duelists and optimistic hopefuls are projected to make the journey to Guayaquil, to battle against skilled competitors. Duelists will compete with hopes that their systematic preparation, Deck choices and strategies will foster their advancement to the Final Round on Sunday for a chance to Duel for the title of Champion.
Pre-registration for YCS Ecuador will run from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Friday, September 16th and continue promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 17th. Upon registering, Duelists will receive four Generation Force booster packs for participating in Konami's YCS Ecuador. Round One will start at 10:00 a.m. and the Top 16 or 32 YCS finishers (depending on attendance) will earn invitations to participate in the 2012 World Championship qualifier.
Centro de Convenciones de Guayaquil
Av. De las Américas, Antiguo Aeropueto.
Guayaquil, Ecuador 401-458-6000
Accompanying the main event, Konami will be conducting a full range of Public Events such as Regional Qualifiers, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Classic Drafts, Dragon Duels, Dawn of the Xyz Starter Tournaments, Pegasus Challenge, Retro Drafts and Win-A-Mats. The Top 4 finishers in the Dragon Duel events (for Duelists age 12 and under) will win a 2012 Regional Binder, 2012 Regional Game Mat and an invitation to the 2012 World Championship Qualifier & Dragon Duel Championship.
For the main event winner, the two runners-up and winners of Sunday's two Public Event playoffs will be awarded a YCS prize card. The main event winner will take home an Ultra Rare version of the Blood Mefist prize card, with the other winners bringing home Super Rare versions.
- 1st place – Ultra Rare Blood Mefist YCS Prize Card; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; Xbox 360 Elite 250GB console with Yu-Gi-Oh! Decade Duels game code; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier tournament
- 2nd place – Super Rare Blood Mefist YCS Prize Card; 32 GB Tablet PC with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 3rd place – Super Rare Blood Mefist YCS Prize Card; 32 GB Touch Screen MP3 Player with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 4th place – 32GB touch-screen MP3 Player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 5th – 8th place – Video game console with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus; YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Generation Force; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 17th – 32nd place – YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
For more information on Konami, the Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.