Press Releases - February 2012
- L'Arc~en~Ciel To Give Away Concert Tickets to Members of Otakon ()
- eigoMANGA Presents Its First Game At The 2012 Game Developers Conference ()
- Seven Seas Licenses Haganai and Mayo Chiki! ()
- PlayStation®Vita Sales Reach Over 1.2 Million Units Worldwide Boosted by Launch in North and Latin America, Europe and PAL Territories ()
- IDO Reveals Virulent Japanese Game Has Crossed Pacific, Urges Calm ()
- Travis Willingham Ignites Fan Fervor at Tekkoshocon ()
- SMT: Devil Survivor 2, Award-winning New RPG/SPRG Hybrid For Nintendo DS, In Stores Now Across North America ()
- JManga.com Extends Access Worldwide ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist Stars Vic Mignogna and Aaron Dismuke Coming to MCM Birmingham Comic Con ()
- Marquis Henderson Captures Champion Title At First North American Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series of 2012 ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Presents Award Winning Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Products At Game Manufacturers Association Trade Show ()
- Ai-Kon 2012 Announces First Round of Guests ()
- Kawaii Kon's Last Guest Announcement For The 2012 Show ()
- Alcon 2012 (Anime & Gaming Event) ()
- Neal Adams & Carmine Infantino Announced As Guests of Honor For Florida Supercon 2012 ()
- Todd Haberkorn, Mega Ran Join Tekkoshocon X Roster In Pittsburgh ()
- TV Asahi and Shin-Ei Animation Collaborates With Reliance Mediaworks ()
- Meet The 3 “Gals” of Visual-Kei, God's Scarlett ()
- Kick-Start March Break with Toronto Comicon ()
- All-Con To Feature Japan's 24-Hour Endurance 1,000 Anime Song Medley ()
- Tokyo International Anime Fair 2012 To Be Held ()
- Viz Productions & Warner Brothers To Develop Bleach Live Action Movie After Banner Year ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Kurenai" ()
- Namco Bandai Games Re-Invents Coin-Op Classic Xevious as High-Powered Webcomic ()
- Namco Bandai Games Establishes ShiftyLook to Re-Imagine Classic Video Game Character ()
- Alcon September 6 to 9 at De Montfort University Leicester ()
- Viz Media Announces New Digital Releases for VIZManga.com and the Viz App for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces Boogiepop Phantom Complete TV Series ()
- Baltimore Science Fiction Society Hosts Free Monthly Public Anime, Manga, and Gaming Social At BSFS Headquarters ()
- AM2 Wants You, Online Application For Staff Is Now Open ()
- Pop Culture Icon Lineup Announced by 2012 Fan Expo Vancouver ()
- Stay Warm with the Greatest Anime Movies in NEO Magazine 95 on sale 23 February 2012! ()
- Anime Stars Descend on Gold Coast Film Festival! ()
- 32nd Annual Los Angeles Times Book Prizes Finalists Announced ()
- Summon The Fighter Within: Atlus to Bring Persona 4 Area, HD Fighting Game Developed in Collaboration with Arc System Works, to North America this Summer for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 Systems ()
- AM2 Announces 1st Official Guest of Honor for Highly Anticipated 2012 Convention ()
- Animate USA – New Releases in Amazon Kindle Store ()
- AniMinneapolis 2012 Announces Vic Mignogna ()
- MangaGamer to Attend Japan Expo Sud ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses K-ON! Season 2 ()
- Anime Fans Give Back to Japan: 24 Hour Fundraiser for Japan Begins March 10 ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release Dates and New Titles at Katsucon ()
- It's Launch Day - For Both Alcon 2012 (September 6 to 9) and London Anime Con 5 (June 30 to July 1) ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Rights to Sengoku BASARA – Samurai Kings: The Movie ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Captures Amnesic Aliens with Level E ()
- MyM Magazine to Launch at Midlands Comic Con ()
- Anime Blast Chatanooga Returns Nov. 9-11, 2012 ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works" ()
- Tekkoshocon to Celebrate Fandom Through the Decades with Robotech, Uncle Yo ()
- AM2 Announces US Premiere of the Manga Based Live Action Film Ace Attorney ()
- This Valentine's Day, Swords Will Clash and Romance Will Blossom ()
- Section 23 Films Announces May Slate ()
- Maki Nomiya (ex-Pizzicato Five) To Release Self-cover Album To Celebrate Her 30th Anniversary, Produced By Japan's Top Producers ()
- Panels & Workshops Registration Opened For CPAC 2012 ()
- MangaGamer Announces Price Cut for Valentine's Day ()
- Texeira, Calero and Witterstaetter Are MegaCon Bound ()
- Danny Choo's Culture Japan Season 2 Jumps On Crunchyroll ()
- Press Passes Now Available For CPAC 2012 ()
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure Is Here ()
- “Hatsune Mike Live Party 2012” on March 8th “Hatsune Mike" Concert Final 39's Giving Day” on March 9th To be Streamed Live on Nico Nico Douga ()
- AM2 Announces The 2012 T-Shirt Design Contest ()
- Digital Manga Guild's New Website Goes Live ()
- Yen Press Launches Worldwide Serialization For Soul Eater NOT! In February Issue of Yen Plus ()
- Art of War Releasing Gantz Statue--Katou: Battle for Justice ()
- We Heart Japan Goes to San Francisco! ()
- Oscar Zavala Outduels Region's At Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Main Event ()
- AM2 Announces Online Applications For Panels and Workshops Now Open ()
- Best Battlers to Win Signed Copies of ‘The Last Story’ at Midlands Comic Con ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Gintama-The Movie” ()
- Best Battlers to Win Signed Copies of The Last Story at Midlands Comic Con ()
- A High School Girl Marches To Her Own Beat In A Devil And Her Love Song, New From VIZ Media ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Shows Its Winning Hand Of IYu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Products At American International Toy Fair ()
- AM2 Announces The Fan's Official Passport Benefits for 2012 ()
- STEREOPONY Returning To The US For A Performance at Sakura-con In Seattle ()
- MangaNEXT 2012 Welcomes Makoto Tateno and Tomo Maeda ()
- Dentsu Entertainment USA, Inc. & Namco Bandai Team Up in the Americas on Action-packed Animated TV Series -- LBX ()
- Japanese Iconic Rock Band, L'Arc~En~Ciel, To Release Twelfth Studio Album, "BUTTERFLY" In The U.S. On February 8, 2012 Via iTunes ()
- First North American Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series of 2012 Arrives in Atlanta, Georgia February 18-19th ()
- Viz Europe Acquires Children Who Chase Lost Voices ()
- Video Games in Japan: Past, Present and Future - Two Forthcoming Lecture Events at the Japan Foundation on February 21st/22nd ()
- VIZ Media Expands Digital Manga Titles Available For Barnes and Noble's Nook Tablet™ And Nook Color ()
- Japanese Live Game Sensation "The Real Escape Game" Comes To The Bay Area For Special Sessions At New People ()
- Upcoming Nintendo DS Strategy RPG SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Out February 28 ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Planzet" ()
- LM.C Band Comes to Chicago for the First Time ()
- Tora-Con 2012 Announces Second Round of Guests ()
- SoundWitch Band to Perform at Tekkoshocon 2012 ()
- Hyper Japan Cosplay Judges Announced! ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "The Book of Bantorra" ()
- The Occult Academy Opens Its Doors To North America This May ()
- TOTALFAT to Release New Opening Theme Song to Naruto Shonen-hen On 2/14 ()
- The Past, Present, and Future Are Heading On A Collision Course In Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game's Dragons Collide Structure Deck ()
- Tune in Tokyo Presents HARAJUKU HOLIDAY: Lolita Fashion Showcase at Royal/T with Special Guests May J. and Joe Inoue ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Rights to Pretear ()
- Niconico and Aniplex of America Presents "Puella Magi Madoka Magica English Screening Premiere" A FREE simultaneous Streaming Live Event ()
- Baltimore Comic-Con Brings Ron Marz to Maryland and Northern Virginia ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game RA Yellow Mega-Pack Explodes With Duelists' Favorites From Legendary Collection 2: The Duel Academy Years ()
- Namco Arcade Makes Its Way To iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Get Backers" ()
- Animeland Wasabi Is Excited To Announce Its First Round of Guests, Including Julie Rei Goldstein, Jan Scott-Frazier, and Steve “Warky” Nunez ()
- Global Yaoi Manga Publisher SuBLime Kicks Off 2012 With Tantalizing Digital Offerings ()
- YUI To Draw 20,000 Audiences in Nippon Budokan Shows & Launched Official Merchandise Online Store For Overseas Fans ()
- Broken Blade Airing on On Demand This February With Chance to Win Limited-Edition Autographed Poster ()
- AM2 Announces More Fun For Attendees With Its Matsuri Summer Fest 2012 ()
- Viz Media's Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha Digital Manga Magazine Launches ()
- Anime Milwaukee Convention Announces 2012 Details ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Wins Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) Seal of Approval ()
- London Anime Con Hosts Otaku Fashion Show ()
- Aniplex to Host Puella Magi Madoka Magica Special Meet and Greet Event at Anime Jungle in Los Angeles ()
- Otaku Fashion Show at London Anime Con, February 11 ()
Ohba and Obata's newest manga thriller expands its cast and slips into a comfortable rhythm for its second volume. Nick Creamer dives in. ― Platinum End's first volume established a cheekily cynical platform for a thriller. Opening with our suicidal hero Mirai, it proposed a scenario where twelve human candidates for godhood would have to fight it out, each of them blessed with some mix of angelic po...
When a manga's art is too complex to animate or a series has been on the air for a long time, artistic changes are bound to arise. Here are seven of the most striking shifts in a character's style. ― The transition from manga to anime isn't always a seamless process. Projects hire character designers to reinterpret static artwork into something that can be animated in a manageable way. This can mean...
This isekai adventure takes a turn for the slimy as its protagonist enters a fantasy world in perhaps the worst form possible. Theron Martin has the details. ― Isekai stories are pervasive in the Japanese light novel market these days, and stories where the world-jumping involves reincarnation with mind and memories intact are swiftly becoming more popular. We've already seen some odd twists on that ...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...