Press Releases - August 2012
- Bandai Entertainment to Discontinue Sales of Home Video Products and Graphic Novels ()
- For The First Time Ever, Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series In Guatemala September 8-9th ()
- Viz Media Partners With Tout Industries To Give Neon Alley Members And Anime Fans A Fun New Way To Be Seen And Heard ()
- Media Alert: Love, Election and Chocolate starting this Thursday on Anime Network Online ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Love, Elections & Chocolate" ()
- The New Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Season Kicks-Off In Toronto September 1st-2nd ()
- Otakon Members Once Again Step Up for Tsunami Relief ()
- Elements of Manga Style: A New Way Of Learning Manga Book Teaches the Japanese Drawing Style with a New Method ()
- AM2 Announces 2013 Dates And New Convention Model ()
- Otakon In Conjunction with Studio Nasu to Produce First Ever Convention Video Game ()
- JManga releases Namori's "YuruYuri" ()
- Atlus Goes For The Gold(en) With Limited 'Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition' For PS Vita; 10, 000 Units Will Be Produced ()
- Freehand Launches A New Digital manga Biography Of Famed Japanese Comedian/Actor Rome Kanda At J-Pop Summit Festival 2012 ()
- All-Girl Japanese Punk Band the Akabane Vulgars Announces U.S. Tour ()
- Scotland Loves Anime 2012 Back for its Third Year and Bigger than Ever! ()
- Zipangu Fest Reveals Full Programme: Re-Scored Silent Classics, Animation, Experimental And Brzilians in Japan ()
- Go Crazy for Crazy Strike Bowling ()
- Mugen Souls Release Date Rescheduled For North America ()
- Viz Media Brings The High Seas Anime Pirate Adventure One Piece To Neon Alley This Fall ()
- KumoriCon Returns To Vancouver USA Over Labor Day Weekend ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Invites Everyone To Tour San Francisco With New Evangelion 2.0 Voice Tour Guide Application For iPhone ()
- Akikazu Saito Named Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game World Champion In Tokyo, Japan ()
- The War on Terror Takes A Frightening Turn In The New Sci-Fi Novel Genocidal Organ From Viz Media's Haikasoru Imprint ()
- Polymanga Launches An International Competition To Find "The World's Best Artist" ()
- Japan's ‘Ultimate Air Band’ Release Exclusive Album for the UK ()
- 10 Reasons Why Alcon On 6-9 Sept Will Be Amazing - Anime, Cosplay Gaming & More! ()
- VGM Legend And FM Synth Pioneer Comes To Magfest 11 ()
- Reasons to Go To Alcon - Top Ten Countdown ()
- Nekocon Announces Continued Support Of Charity ShelterBox.org With A New Charity Event ()
- Sugo Toys Japan Met With Fan Enthusiasm ()
- A Revolution Is Coming ()
- Cladun™ X2 Launches Today On Steam ()
- Anime Midwest 2013 Comes To Hyatt Regency O'Hare ()
- STGCC Strikes With Competitive Gaming Content ()
- Global Yaoi Manga Publisher SuBLime Continues The Summer Sizzle With The Debut of Bond of Dreams, Bond of Love, and Starting With A Kiss ()
- Viz Media Expands Viz Manga App Interoperability To Include The Recently Released Google Nexus 7 ()
- 2nd Annual International Otaku Day ()
- The Top 12 Things To Experience At Fan Expo Canada™ ()
- Fan Expo Canada™ Announes A Sneak Peek of Halo 4, The Biggest Video Game Release In History ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival In S.F. Presents Edgy Japanese Fashion Events ()
- Section23 Films Announces November Slate ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Welcomes Japanese Actor/Comedian Rome Kanda for Special Apperance ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Nintendo's Portable Game Lineup Offers Boundless Fun For Everyone in 2012 ()
- Zipangu Fest Announces Lineup for Beyond Anime 2012 ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f Feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Wired Productions Bring Let's Fish! Hooked On To Playstation® Vita In Europe and The US ()
- Terror Cotta Presents Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attacks ()
- The World's Best Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Players To Converge In Tokyo, Japan To Duel For The Title of World Champion ()
- Bunny Drop Releases Today In North America ()
- Japanese Educational Hero "Zeros" to Perform in Little Tokyo ()
- Persona 4 Arena, Already Among Japan's Best-Selling Fighting Games Of All Time, Now Available in North America For PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Systems; Online Performance Patch Imminent For 360 Version ()
- Switchblade Pictures Licenses Oniroku Dan's The Slave Ship ()
- LiSA's Upcoming Single “crossing field” is Coming to America ()
- Viz Manga Digital Schedule Synchronizes Day-and-Date With Current Print Releases ()
- Join Konami Digital Entertainment At The Best Four Days In Gaming– Gen Con Indianopolis ()
- New-Wave J-Pop Band Budo Grape To Tour UK In October ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set on October 30th, 2012 ()
- Watch Planzet For Your Chance To Win a Limited Edition Autographed Poster ()
- World Cosplay Summit U.K. Team Blog ()
- Anime USA Announces Video Game Orchestra ()
- Anime USA Announces Mix Speakers Inc. ()
- Anime USA Announces Jamie Noguchi ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Nakaimo ~ My Little Sister Is Among Them!" ()
- Reel Anime 2012 - A Special Event Release in Cinemas September 13-26 ()
- Alcon 2012 ()
- Sentai Filmworks "Persona 4 The Animation" ()
- Crunchyroll Launches Streaming Anime And Asian Drama Application On Playstation®3 Systems Today ()
- Growlanser: Wayfarer Of Time, Highly Anticipated Strategy RPG For PSP System, Now Available Across North America ()
- Naoto Hiraoka Appointed As President And CEO Of Index Digital Media, Inc., (Atlus); Former Company Head Shinichi Suzuki Will Remain As Advisor Until October ()
- Nicholas Brendon To Attend Meta Con ()
- Man With A Mission/ First Stage at Japan Expo With Audience of 5000 ()
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...