Voltage, Inc. Makes Hit Debut at Anime Expo 2014Jul 5th 2014
WORLD-WIDE ‘ROMANCE SIMS’ LEADER, VOLTAGE, TO SHOWCASE ENTERTAINMENT APPS AT ANIME EXPO 2014
TOKYO/LOS ANGELES, July 3 – With over 22 million fans of its romance apps worldwide, Voltage Inc. will make its first booth appearance (Booth #1742, 1744) at Anime Expo 2014 to increase awareness in North America for its story-based romance apps for Apple iOS and Android mobile devices. It will also showcase the newly launched English version of its game Enchanted in the Moonlight.
Anime Expo 2014, which takes place July 3-6 in Los Angeles, is one of the largest anime and manga conventions in the world, making it an ideal showcase for Voltage's Romance Apps. Visitors to the Voltage booth will enter into the world of Enchanted in the Moonlight and be able to take photos with models representing characters from the game. They will also be able to play localized versions of Enchanted in the Moonlight and other popular Romance Sims series stories (namely Kissed by the Baddest Bidder, Our Two Bedroom Story and My Forged Wedding) as well as collect mini posters and stickers only available at the booth.
Voltage's story-based apps allow users to experience romantic scenarios through the selection of boyfriends and situations. The user is the protagonist and her experience depends on which character she chooses for her love story. Since 2011,Voltage has released 18 apps in English, many of which have ranked high in the entertainment section of the U.S. app stores.
Voltage research shows that more than 50% of female smartphone users play games almost every day and two out of five people have played romantic simulation games, demonstrating a powerful market for romantic games available on smartphones.
With its increasing number of users, Voltage plans to accelerate the development of romance apps in North America, creating content for local users. Although the company is now specifically targeting fans of Japanese content, it aims to expand the market to include fans of romance, as it has done successfully in Japan.
Voltage Inc. is headquartered in Shibuya, Tokyo. The CEO is Akihiro Yokota.
* Founded in 1999, Voltage Inc. is a Japanese gaming company with a subsidiary in San Francisco that is focused on apps for both iPhone and Android devices.
* Voltage Inc. offers a wide range of romance simulation games, which are story-based apps centered around romance, with heavy emphasis on themes involving love and drama.
* In Japan, Voltage games are enjoyed by over 22 million users with over 50 titles currently available.
* Voltage, Inc. is ranked in the 11th Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Japan for the eighth consecutive year—more times than any other company.
* Voltage, Inc. became the 3rd Top Publisher by Monthly Revenue Excluding Games on Google Play in February 2014.
Company Website: http://www.voltage.co.jp/en/index.html