- This policy governs Anime News Network Inc. (US / WE / OUR) use of personal information, personally identifying information and statistical data we gather on readers and site visitors (YOU / YOUR) through logging, registration, surveys and other means.
- This policy does not imply any right or restriction upon third parties' use the data that is publicly accessible on this website,
- "Personally identifying information" is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name., e-mail address, phone number, date of birth and so on...
- "Personal information" is information about you that is not generally available to the public, this includes your age, your shopping habits, what kind of home electronics you own and so on...
- "Statistical Data" is data compiled from other information, personal and otherwise that itself is not personally identifiable. For example the average age of our readers. their geographic dispersement and so on.
- We may automatically receive, record and store the following personally identifying information every time you visit our website;
- Your IP address;
- Your host name;
- Information stored in cookies that we previously placed on your computer (used to save your settings).
- We gather and record information that you may submit through surveys, polls and online registration.
Internal Information Use
- We limit internal access to your personal information and personally identifying information to staff members that need such information in order to carry out their assigned tasks. It is not provided to other staff.
- Our software may need your personal information in order to fulfill its primary functions that have nothing to do with said personal information. For example your e-mail address is required in order to sign up to the forum, this is used to deter abusive behavior and provide you with any notifications you may request to have automatically delivered to you.
- We regularly share statistical data with 3rd parties and the public.
- Under no circumstances will we ever share personally identifying information with a third party unless:
- You are specifically informed in advance; OR
- Your permission is explicitly received for every instance; OR
- We are required to do so by applicable law; OR
- The information is requested with a warrant or subpoena, whether issued by a court of applicable jurisdiction or not; although we may chose to refuse demands issued by a non-jurisdictional courts and/or demands we believe to be ethically or legally dubious;
- Under no other circumstance do we share your personal information with a third party except in the form of statistical data.
- We occasionally conducts surveys in order to get to better know our readership. In these surveys we are only interested in the statistical information gathered and we do not link any personally identifying information with your personal information.
- Personally identifying information gathered in a survey or contest is erased from our database once it is no longer needed (Ie: if we are giving prizes to randomly drawn participants, the contact information for non-winners is deleted when the winners are selected and confirmed).
Third Party Services
- This website may use certain services provided by third party service providers including but not limited to DoubleClick and Google. Under all circumstances, our relations with these companies adhere to the above guidelines, including the policy of not sharing any personal information or personally identifying information with them. However through their services, they may be able to collect statistical and other information about our readers. Their use of this information is governed by their own privacy policies.
- This website may utilize certain services provided by DoubleClick, Inc. (“DoubleClick”). For further information concerning DoubleClick's privacy practices, including the ability to opt-out from any data collection, reporting and/or targeting activities associated with its services, please go to http://www.doubleclick.com/us/about_doubleclick/privacy/.
- This website may utilize certain services provided by Google. For further information concerning Google's privacy practices, please go to http://www.google.com/privacy.html#utm_source=aso&utm_campaign=ww-ww-et-ashp&utm_medium=link.
- This website may use third-party companies to serve ads and collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter) when you visit our web site. These companies may use the information outlined above (which does not include your name., address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies often use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- This website may utilize certan services provided by Quantcast. All data collected by Quantcast is anonymous and contains no personally-identifiable information.
- We may update this policy at any time.
- We take numerous precautions to safeguard your personal information however are not responsible for personal information that is unlawfully obtained from our servers.
- We are not responsible for any information that an individual may publicly disclose regarding him or herself via our services, this includes but is not limited to our online forum and our IRC channel.
Closing StatementWe value your privacy as if it were our own. We will never sell your e-mail address or any other information about you to a third party. Nor will we knowingly engage in any other behavior that could put your privacy in jeopardy.