The List 7 Scariest Bosses
by Lynzee Loveridge, Nov 16th 2013
You thought your daily grind was bad? Try working for any of these maniacal, evil, and all around murderous bosses. Mondays don't seem so bad anymore, do they?
7. Giovanni (Pokémon) Team Rocket's Persian-petting boss is a one-time gym leader and original owner of super-powered Pokémon MewTwo. His primary goal is world-domination and for inexplicable reasons, employs Jesse, James and Meowth in pursuit of this. Regardless, he almost manages to wipe out a whole region from the world map. Giovanni's greatest downfall is starring in a children's show where he's forever stuck with inept henchmen and no means to kill them.
6. Il Palazzo (Excel Saga) Il Palazzo is in the same boat as Giovanni with horrible henchmen and a desire to conquer the world. The cat-eyed leader of ACROSS has a dark streak despite the anime's gag-style and can quickly switch from benevolent to a quiet rage. Whenever Excel screws up or her obnoxious personality rubs him the wrong way, Il Palazzo pulls a rope and promptly drops her into a pit.
5. Frieza (Dragon Ball Z) . A galactic emperor with horribly off-putting feet, Frieza has no qualms killing off his subordinates or an entire race as he sees fit. The monstrous leader also controls the Planet Trade Organization with his father King Cold and Cooler where they coerce employees by threatening to destroy their planets.
4. Muruta Azrael (Gundam Seed) Full-time terrorist faction leader Murata is hellbent on wiping out the world's genetically enhanced humans by any means necessary. This spells bad news for his underlings who are thrown at enemy forces without a blink of an eye. Pilots were also given a healthy dose of performance-enhancing drugs, implants in their brains, and some Skinner-style conditioning to ensure they would die for the cause.
3. Jagi (Fist of the North Star) Kenshiro's vindictive little brother Jagi was horribly scarred in a fight with Kenshiro and has since sworn revenge. He takes up arms as gang-leader and overall paranoid narcissist, often killing his subordinates for daring to see him without his mask. His catchphrase "What's my name?" is used to test his subordinates when he's masquerading (and committing crimes) as Kenshiro. If they get the answer wrong, well, death it is.
2. Yūgo Tennōji (Steins;Gate) Yūgo, also known by Okarin as "Mr. Braun" moonlights as a father and CRT television salesman, but his real employ is a mercenary for SERN. Specifically, he sends text messages to Moeka and pulls her into the group by giving her a false sense of security and belonging. When things start falling apart, he takes her out with his own hands.
1. Knives Millions (Trigun) Knives cares for nothing else but himself and wiping out humanity on the planet Gunsmoke, and this includes his followers. Every single one meets an untimely fate by Knives' orders or own doing, while others take their own life instead of risk his wrath.
The new poll: Which of the following super-powered moms is the most inspiring?
The old poll: Last week's poll asked which character has the coolest monster form? Here's the full results:
- Eren (Attack on Titan) 24.2%
- Sayaka Miki (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) 20.2%
- Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood) 14.8%
- Annie (Attack on Titan) 10.4%
- Priscilla (Claymore) 9.4%
- Tetsuo (Akira) 9.1%
- Griffith (Berserk) 8.1%
- Kaien Shiba (Bleach) 3.2%
- Wolf Goring (Blassreiter) 0.6%
- (none of the above) 0.1%
When she isn't compiling lists of tropes, topics, and characters, Lynzee works as Associate Editor for Anime News Network, blogs about women and LBGT topics in anime and manga on her blog Engendered Dilemma, and posts pictures of her son on Twitter @ANN_Lynzee.
discuss this in the forum (40 posts) |
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history